Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to stream your QUAD channels into an IPTV?

Title
    Thanks
    I never found a way to stream my live channels from OpenVix directly to my TV. Some TVs allows to install some apps but we are not there yet to have a special app that would allow you to have your OpenVix channel menu directly from your lan with no boxes.

I gave up at the end not much time as I didn't invest on a smartv on the room as I couldn't find a viable solution.
    grab -o -p /tmp/grab.png #screen grab without the image of the channel you are watching
    grab -d -p /tmp/grab.png #screen grab with the image of the channel you are watching

2. The Following User Says Thank You to XabiX For This Useful Post:

delahmed (14-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I imagine this is for the other way round: E2 to connect to the XBMC server
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...t=Vu%2B+Player
    grab -o -p /tmp/grab.png #screen grab without the image of the channel you are watching
    grab -d -p /tmp/grab.png #screen grab with the image of the channel you are watching

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    what extensions does it like? maybe just try changing the etension on one channel to see if it works.

Yep. So called smart TVs aren't that smart yet...
    I haven't tried renaming the extension- will give it a go tonight. As for what files it does support....

Sony KDL-55W905A Codec List

Vu+ Solo2 records in .TS format, i assume the video container is MPEG2TS based on this link, so i would need to rename my .TS file to one of .m2t, .m2ts or .mts and then try and stream from the Sony W9 again. Will update this thread once i go home and test.
    Last edited by delahmed; 14-08-13 at 11:33.
    Vu+ Solo2 - OpenVIX 5.0.025 - 2.5" 1TB Samsung hn-m101mbb (st1000lm024) - Vu+ USB Turbo tuner for VM - Sony KDL55W905A

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Usually renaming a TS-file to mpeg does the trick.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Usually renaming a TS-file to mpeg does the trick.
    Didnt work when i renamed to mp4, m2ts, mts, mpg or mpg.

I got the Sony W905A to play a TS file finally by downloading TS Doctor beta, downloading a TS file via FTP from the Solo2 that was not playing on the TV, fixed it using TS Doctor (as well as removing the NAR audio stream) and then uploaded it back to the Solo2 via FTP in a new folder.
    The Sony W9 does not see new files until you reboot the Solo2. After that i could watch the TS file on the Sony W9.

Ill just fix all my TS files on the weekend and overwrite the originals with the fixed one.

Ill let you know if the audio is out of sync on the Solo2.

Time to overclock my i5 3570K to run at 4.2ghz instead of 3.4ghz and see if there really is any benfit to this overclocking lark.

Still looking for a way to stream livetv from the Solo2 to the Sony TV without the Win7 PC being turned on and using WEBIF.
    Vu+ Solo2 - OpenVIX 5.0.025 - 2.5" 1TB Samsung hn-m101mbb (st1000lm024) - Vu+ USB Turbo tuner for VM - Sony KDL55W905A

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think it has been suggested already: the use of an E2-STB (cheap one, tuners may even be defect) would do the job perfect. Both streaming Live-TV as well as recordings.

Or ask Sony to make their TV's smart
    That really would be a matter of a firmware upgrade.

Title
    Thanks
    I thought i would update this thread as i found a few solutions.

what i noticed is i usually record paid for sly channels and these do not work on the Sony W905A when i try to stream them.

The wife recorded some eastenders on bbc three and bbc one sd and they can be watched perfectly. Other channels i noticed that worked fine were Channel 4 HD, ITV, and most other FTA channels apart from BBC ONE HD.

Other recorded channels like Nick Jr, BabyTV do not work (and these are the recorded videos my little one likes to watch on demand on the W905A).

The workaround is to download these to laptop and use TS Doctor to fix them and then upload again. I could use NetDrive and map a drive and just do it in one go next time.

Still would love to stream sly channels to the W9 via the smart features...... wishful thinking

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Did you try a simple rename of the TS-files to '.mpeg'? For many applications that is sufficient (and much quicker and less work then recoding them).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123