Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to stream your QUAD channels into an IPTV?

Title
    Thanks
    I think I have found the solution:

you install flex as a client on a LG/Samsung Connected TV. Supported devices are listed here: http://www.plexapp.com/connected/index.php
    It looks like something is also available for Sony TV which includes google sw: http://gigaom.com/video/plex-sony-internet-tv-app/

and then you install Plex server on the QUAD through this extension: enigma2-plugin-extensions-dreamplex

and you should be all set. The issue is that I don't have such TV yet but I ll try with another client like a PC or a tablet/smartphone.

I didn't know Plex before but it looks more simple and better than XBMC for an easy experience.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zappahey View Post
    I watch HD streams over wifi all the time both on my laptop and on my galaxy s3.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    HD TV channels and /or video?

Title
    Thanks
    Bad news the plugin I was referring to is for Plex client support on the OpenVIX but not for Plex media server :-(

Still looking for a solution without any third element.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XabiX View Post
    Hi SPV4U,

When you say "You just enable live tv and setup the VU+ plugin with the IP of your quad" does it mean that you succeed to install such pluging on top of XMBC on the Raspberry pi?
    i have a ubuntu server running on Intel Atom D2700 with Intel GMA 3650 where I can maybe install XMBC on top.

Which app do you use on the iPad that connects fine to the webif? (I used MPdroid on Android)

Thanks

it looks like TV app stores don't provide such app which would be great. Maybe the Google TV will allow to access Android store and therefore such apps?
    Sorry been away with work.

Yes both Raspbmc and Openelec builds for the pi have all the plugins installed as standard. You have to have the latest version (frodo i think it is called) go into settings and turn on live tv, it will prompt for a add-on to be enabled and just choose VU+ and configure the settings. And yes I have this up and running in my bedroom using a home plug and it works quite well. Check out my older thread in the forum about the pi http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...d-Raspberry-Pi

For my iPad which is only v2 model I use an app called "Dreambox Live" it is only a simple interface but more than does the job for me to watch live tv anywhere in the house.

There is also a new slingbox model out in the states so when that hits the UK shelves I may bolt one of then in to stream outside the house.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spv4u For This Useful Post:

XabiX (21-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Xabix, without getting too far off topic if you have a linux server with MySQL installed you can centralise the XBMC database to the server and therefore each XBMC devie can use the same databases and offload the work. This did help my pi speed up a little 8-)

Title
    Thanks
    As a temporarly solution I have ordered this stick with xbmc on it:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hi802-Android-Mini-PC-HDMI-Dongle-Freescale-imx6-Quad-Core-1-2Ghz-1G-RAM-8GB-Bluetooth/803232_707427957.html
    It doesn't do HW decoding but should be to go. I will use the home pc as the master xbmc and the stick as a client;

BUT it would be great to find a way to have the client directly on the TV !

I found TVs that have Plex client on it, but I can't configure Plex Media Server to connect to the dreambox. So I will try with the stick but it's another remote etc... and what happens when you shut it down etc...

Would be so great to have an app downloadable on the tv that connects to the dreambox directly!
    Last edited by Stanman; 21-12-12 at 20:24. Reason: coded live link

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    no live links, please code them.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi
    I spent loads of time trying to stream to another TV and in the end the solution was to look at it another way. I now stream HD from my VU duo by a gigaview 821. Works perfect and can handle two inputs.
    Tom
    VU Solo2 (Motorised & Fixed)...... running Vix latest image and Harmony One RC

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TomD For This Useful Post:

twol (22-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I think these are my main reasons for seeking an option beside additional receiver(s):

-Power consumption (i haven't check the quad yet, but my old et9000 used to be about 40W i think and my Pi is about 2W
    -Satellite feeds (running cables to some television sets from the dish would just not be practical. the house is already run with cat5e though
    -Cost

Title
    Thanks
    I find myself trying to do a similar thing to the OP.

I have a VU+ Solo2 upstairs in the bedroom and can watch channels over satellite. I have also just bought a new Sony Bravia KDL55W905A which is a smart TV. This is located in my lounge next to my Win 7 gaming rig. I want to be able to steam the live tv from upstairs onto the Sony TV directly without having to use my PC.

Currently i just turn on the PC, go to OpenWEBIF and just stream BBC HD, etc. But that means having to get the mouse out, turning on the PC, etc.

The Win 7 PC is also a PLEX Media Server, and my TV can stream this when the PC is on. I also have the dreamplex client on the Vu+ Solo2 and this can stream it too.

On the solo2 settings for dreamplex, there is an area where you can specify where your media is, i have done this correctly but neither PC or Sony TV sees the dreamplex server - i assume that the dreamplex plugin is a client and not a server, but the settings are confusing.

Also on the Vu+ Solo2, i have mini-dlna set up and my Sony TV can see this and play all the videos i have on there (not TS recordings though!), I want to be able to stream LiveTV though. Any updates over the last 6 months?

I haven't tried XBMC on the Solo2 or Win7 but i assume PLEX is the same thing?

So for now, i watch streaming channels via Open WEBIF on the PC or if i am in the garden, i watch it on my iPhone using DreamBox / Vu+ Player app.
    Vu+ Solo2 - OpenVIX 5.0.025 - 2.5" 1TB Samsung hn-m101mbb (st1000lm024) - Vu+ USB Turbo tuner for VM - Sony KDL55W905A

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    There is a plugin in the feeds called TunerServer, this might enable you to do what you want.
    If not, you could get a cheap second hand E2 box, even with broken tuners & use the remote stream convert plugin.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

delahmed (12-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry to jump back in after so long.

If you have a W7 PC have you tried DVBLink? it will sync the channels and guide into Windows Media Centre so in theory you will be able to record and watch the channels fine using a remote and not having to use the webif

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    There is a plugin in the feeds called TunerServer, this might enable you to do what you want.
    If not, you could get a cheap second hand E2 box, even with broken tuners & use the remote stream convert plugin.
    I tried TunerServer but its no good for the Sony Bravia W9 as it does not seem to like .m3u extensions. Back to the drawing board.
    Vu+ Solo2 - OpenVIX 5.0.025 - 2.5" 1TB Samsung hn-m101mbb (st1000lm024) - Vu+ USB Turbo tuner for VM - Sony KDL55W905A

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spv4u View Post
    Sorry to jump back in after so long.

If you have a W7 PC have you tried DVBLink? it will sync the channels and guide into Windows Media Centre so in theory you will be able to record and watch the channels fine using a remote and not having to use the webif
    I havent tried it, no.

The aim was to not have the PC on at all and just be able to access LiveTV from the Solo2 to the Sony W9 TV. Thanks though. Doesnt look like my new smart tv is that smart at all. It doesnt even seem to like playing recorded programmes by the Solo2 (.TS format), plays everything else like mp4, etc fine via mini-DLNA extension.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delahmed View Post
    I tried TunerServer but its no good for the Sony Bravia W9 as it does not seem to like .m3u extensions. Back to the drawing board.
    what extensions does it like? maybe just try changing the etension on one channel to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by delahmed View Post
    I havent tried it, no.

The aim was to not have the PC on at all and just be able to access LiveTV from the Solo2 to the Sony W9 TV. Thanks though. Doesnt look like my new smart tv is that smart at all. It doesnt even seem to like playing recorded programmes by the Solo2 (.TS format), plays everything else like mp4, etc fine via mini-DLNA extension.
    Yep. So called smart TVs aren't that smart yet...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast