Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to stream your QUAD channels into an IPTV?

Title
    Thanks

Question How to stream your QUAD channels into an IPTV?

Hello,

As the QUAD has several tuners and some extra CPU, I wanted to use it to stream my bouquets (no my movies) to another TV that I have in the house. I don't want to buy a second demo as I don't have a satellite cable going into the other room and also because it's an extra box and it costs.

So what I am looking for is to put my QUAD in standby and then be able to remotely select what channel I want to see from the TV.

My understanding is that "enigma2-plugin-extensions-streamtv" is based on nStreamPlayer and could work but it looks like some many config are necessary and I am not sure how you should control it remotely.

Maybe I can use the phone/tablet to control what channel I want and the TV to receive the stream?

Anyway I am a little bit lost as I don't find updated talks on this which is strange as I would think that now that the boxes are more powerfull and that we have more and more IPTVs this would be a key feature.

I also found other plugins but I don't believe there are of any use in my case:
    _enigma2-plugin-extensions-remotestreamconvert (this is for when you have several demo and one demo is a client of a master one)
    _enigma2-plugin-extensions-streaminterface

Any recommendations?

Thanks
    XabiX

Title
    Thanks
    I wonder if we need the webbrowser or hbbtv working on the drivers for it to work perfect...

You will also need this installed: opkg install gst-plugins-bad-rtmp

On my openVIX it was already installed. I got some of the turkish channels working adding manually those SERVICES on the Favorites bouquet.

Tested even one called Tarim Turk HD that works in HD but syncro is not good. Test the Turkish examples from the official forum.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to make sure we are speaking about the same thing, I want to stream the channels that I receive on my satellite and not pick them from the net.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XabiX View Post
    Just to make sure we are speaking about the same thing, I want to stream the channels that I receive on my satellite and not pick them from the net.
    Sorry my mistake I read IPTV and I was just testing the other thing and though you were doing the same thing... now on topic.

You need to install plugin only on the client device, then you enter IP info, login, ports, etc... after that you just download via FTP the list of bouquets that you want to stream to the second box and you can use those channels like regular TV channels but without need of antenna.

Title
    Thanks
    @tinos: please don't reply just to reply something. Here the issue is that the client is a TV and not a demo therefore which client do you use on Smart hub? Sony store etc...

I am looking for people who have tested something and have some experience in streaming channels between one demo and one IPTV.

Title
    Thanks
    I have the Raspberry pi which will stream SD channels quite well into XBMC. You just enable live tv and setup the VU+ plugin with the IP of your quad and away it goes. It also brings over the guide and you can create timers on it as well.

There is a new box coming to the market Acer Revo L70 i think which the XBMC community believe will be great and will do HD streaming without breaking too much of a sweat. But they are coming in at £180 with no OS.

I use my iPad as well with the quad and run the apps for the dreambox which connect fine as they all interface through the webif backend.

Hope this helps

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spv4u View Post
    I have the Raspberry pi which will stream SD channels quite well into XBMC. You just enable live tv and setup the VU+ plugin with the IP of your quad and away it goes. It also brings over the guide and you can create timers on it as well.

There is a new box coming to the market Acer Revo L70 i think which the XBMC community believe will be great and will do HD streaming without breaking too much of a sweat. But they are coming in at £180 with no OS.

I use my iPad as well with the quad and run the apps for the dreambox which connect fine as they all interface through the webif backend.

Hope this helps
    Hi SPV4U,

When you say "You just enable live tv and setup the VU+ plugin with the IP of your quad" does it mean that you succeed to install such pluging on top of XMBC on the Raspberry pi?
    i have a ubuntu server running on Intel Atom D2700 with Intel GMA 3650 where I can maybe install XMBC on top.

Which app do you use on the iPad that connects fine to the webif? (I used MPdroid on Android)

Thanks

it looks like TV app stores don't provide such app which would be great. Maybe the Google TV will allow to access Android store and thefore such apps?

Title
    Thanks

Re: How to stream your QUAD channels into an IPTV?

What about something like this with Dreamdoid and vplayer?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00A...m&tag=hukdm-21
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Title
    Thanks
    It looks like there is a port of XBMC that is called Plex and that can be installed into a Smart TV (from Samsung). Therefore it would mean that having PLEX as a client running on the TV can connected to the QUAD webif with the option "Smart services renaming for XBMC".

I will search to see which TV can run PLEX or XBMC as a client app then I should be good to go.

example: http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G00002687241#

@zappahey;I am not sure how this dongle will be see within a TV?
    Last edited by XabiX; 18-12-12 at 23:53.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    i'm interested to your configuration. For now I've tried using ipad to watch live channels by my gigablue quad opening the stream ip with goodplayer (using the ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8001/reference_of_the_channel.
    It works, but especially on HD channels with a lot of lag, and it's not so easy to use.
    What kind of configuration (plugins in openvix and apps in ipad) do you use to watch tv over your ipad?
    Thanks a lot!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragoscevero View Post
    Hi,
    i'm interested to your configuration. For now I've tried using ipad to watch live channels by my gigablue quad opening the stream ip with goodplayer (using the ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8001/reference_of_the_channel.
    It works, but especially on HD channels with a lot of lag, and it's not so easy to use.
    What kind of configuration (plugins in openvix and apps in ipad) do you use to watch tv over your ipad?
    Thanks a lot!
    You are not going to receive HD over wifi. I use istreamgate App....it Works well with SD channels

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

dragoscevero (19-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XabiX View Post
    Hi SPV4U,

When you say "You just enable live tv and setup the VU+ plugin with the IP of your quad" does it mean that you succeed to install such pluging on top of XMBC on the Raspberry pi?
    i have a ubuntu server running on Intel Atom D2700 with Intel GMA 3650 where I can maybe install XMBC on top.

Which app do you use on the iPad that connects fine to the webif? (I used MPdroid on Android)

Thanks

it looks like TV app stores don't provide such app which would be great. Maybe the Google TV will allow to access Android store and thefore such apps?
    If you have a ubuntu box running you can install the pvr build of XBMC on to it from Pulse Eight

Once installed install the VU+/Enigma2 add on from the add on's section, Then enable live TV in xbmc.

XBMC will then start to download your bouquets and epg data from the quad.

If you have alot of bouquets it will take a long time to download the epg data so I find it better to force it to just download one bouquet.

You may even find it better to create a bouquet with the channels you most frequently watch just for xbmc.

Title
    Thanks

Re: How to stream your QUAD channels into an IPTV?

Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    You are not going to receive HD over wifi. I use istreamgate App....it Works well with SD channels
    I watch HD streams over wifi all the time both on my laptop and on my galaxy s3.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zappahey For This Useful Post:

dragoscevero (19-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    @dragoscevero: you can use Controloid or MPdroid on Android. Don't hesitate to open a specific thread on the subject

Here the idea is to find how an IPTV can connected directly to the QUAD through the lan to access the webif streaming capabilities.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks dwarf, we are progressing.

Have you heard about this PLEX app based on XBMC?

for now it looks like the only possible solution is by adding a XBMC server in between the demo and the TV to make it work.

I am still trying to find a way to skip this middle server and have directly the TV to connect to the QUAD, that wouldn't be perfect?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast