Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ViX image for Solo2?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    LoL, have you ever tried them?
    And enjoyed the lack of functionality, the system-crashes (on simple install of plugins from their feeds) and the nostalgia of an OE1.6-based image

Sorry Rob, thats more than a little biased and unfair imo.

What is better about OE2.0 compared to OE1.6 anyway ? as i've used images based on both and haven't noticed any difference as an end user.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

Clabs (23-12-12),Donnie (18-12-12),wiz569 (22-12-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    What is better about OE2.0 compared to OE1.6 anyway ? as i've used images based on both and haven't noticed any difference as an end user.
    Well, maybe I'm more demanding then.
    If I only think about EPG and subtitle support.......

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Sorry Rob, I missed your reply.

So the main difference is in the subtitles and EPG support ?

I mean I can use Cool tv guide for a fancy epg, and I don't really use subtitles so maybe thats why i've not noticed any differences then.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Sorry Rob, I missed your reply.
    So the main difference is in the subtitles and EPG support ?
    I mean I can use Cool tv guide for a fancy epg, and I don't really use subtitles so maybe thats why i've not noticed any differences then.
    Cool doesn't fill EPG-data.
    And my reply was 'if only.....'.

and I don't really use subtitles so maybe thats why i've not noticed any differences then.
    There you go: functionality you don't use will indeed and of course not be missed But many do!

But spare you're breath: I'm not going any further into this.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Cool doesn't fill EPG-data.
    What´s wrong with BH EPG or CrossEPG, both are installed by default on BH.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Look guys this is not a who's image is better thread and it's not going to turn into one either because i simply wont let it. As users we have a very wide choice of images to use, and thats always going to be a good thing. Our current stance is nothing to do with any other image team it's between us and Vu to sort out.

Now as far as this thread goes andy simply stated that at this current time we have no plans to release a image until things with Vu are resolved, and contrary to some other small minded people ( you know who you are ) we already have a working ViX image for this box but we need to stick to our guns on this one so please dont try to turn it into some thing it's not.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bassethound (18-12-12),hsbajwa316 (19-12-12),impoundeddog (20-12-12),irishchris (18-12-12),iZaza (24-12-12),judge (18-12-12),ka5hm1r (20-12-12),millfieldlad (20-12-12),Mr. Mister (18-12-12),player1 (24-12-12),Rob van der Does (18-12-12),Sicilian (18-12-12),ukbob (18-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    image release or no image release that is upto the guys concerned, and no one else.
    just like if you want the box then buy the box(from the sponsors of course)and use
    what ever image you please, i don,t see anyone telling anyone not to use other images
    and if they did you would not like it, would you.

so leave the vix guys alone and let them sort out their own affairs.

now i,m going for a lay down,lol

dlmlus

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dlmlus For This Useful Post:

pooface (21-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I have no intention of buying the new vu boxes but if I was considering it and the vix team were not making an image then I would have alarm bells ringing.

I have a tmtwin and at this time do not use the vix image on it but I know 100% that if it hadn't been for vix in the 1st place hammering tm for driver updates and getting them I would not have the option of vix, aaf, sif, 4d, or as is being played with at this time an openpli3.0 based image for the twin. Without the time and dedication by the vix team geting a working/stable tmtwin image instead of these options I would have a pretty useless doorstop.

None of the other images would be available for this box if vix hadn't led the way and shared the information with everybody.

If I hear the vix boys say no image because the drivers are not up to scratch then I would look for a different box until they said the drivers were upto scratch.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scruff1963 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-12-12),bassethound (22-12-12),dlmlus (21-12-12),irishchris (22-12-12),Mr. Mister (22-12-12),player1 (24-12-12),Stanman (21-12-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just in case Vu are monitoring this thread, I too was going to hit the button and buy a Solo2. However no VIX, no box is my position. If Vu doesn't get its act together I will buy another manufacturers box. A pity as I have bought 5 Vu boxes in the last year or so.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Agree with last responder - I was looking for a cheap 1 tuner box for my cellar bedroom and having seen the disaster with GigaBlue (my impression) and this thread, I have gone for an Xtrend ET5000 at a good price of €165 - a 2011 box but still has support with updated drivers from Xtrend and it is a really sweet ( ) small box which with the VIX image works great and I have no intention of buying a box that is not VIX image supported.
    Last edited by twol; 22-12-12 at 12:00.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

player1 (24-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I must admit without a vix image I wouldn't want to buy this box, but I really do want this box. Please guys lets resolve this.

Title
    Thanks
    I have cancelled my pre-order for this box, hopefully things can get resolved and a Vix image will be released at some point. Looks a great box to be fair but even better with a Vix image installed on it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by panda23 View Post
    I have cancelled my pre-order for this box, hopefully things can get resolved and a Vix image will be released at some point. Looks a great box to be fair but even better with a Vix image installed on it.
    What's gone on? It's such a shame that vu owners who love vix are hit by this lack of development, but then seems that Vu have caused all this with something they haven't done. Can't someone just make public this issue and maybe things could get resolved.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Markymark View Post
    What's gone on? It's such a shame that vu owners who love vix are hit by this lack of development, but then seems that Vu have caused all this with something they haven't done. Can't someone just make public this issue and maybe things could get resolved.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post180630 post 4 in this thread explains what the problem is, a lack of support for the box from the manufacturers.
    Excellent hardware needs to be backed up by good software or it's not meeting it's full potential.
    As I said earlier in the thread the tmtwin was suffering from poor support from tm but the vix boys kept on until they got what was required to turn it into a nice box, they then shared their work so we have a choice of good images for a box that had good potential but was going nowhere until vix go it sorted by harrasing tm until they got what was required.
    I'm sure the solo2 is an excellent box hardware wise but without software support the excellent hardware is useless.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am tempted by this box mainly for the possibility of on the fly transcoding to enable it to be used in a similar way to the slingbox. I am now worried that this may not yet be working, and do not want to waste my money.
    I have 3 VU+ Duo boxes, all with VIX images, and would definitely prefer this new box with a VIX image.

Does anybody know if the transcoding is working?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast