Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ViX image for Solo2?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    As others have said, if you are in the boat for a box a the moment, then I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a solo2. I haven't had one to test, but from what I've heard of the box, it's worthy of it's sales... ViX image or not, the box itself is a great box from all accounts, and there will likely be other images coming for it in the future...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkulRide View Post
    Some users are used to features that are only to be found with OpenPLi based images thats all.
    But surely an image shouldn't be the determining factor why someone would buy a receiver or not... that is just plain crazy.

It's strange but I'm seeing many posts from first time or comparatively new member stating they wouldn't buy a rx that Vix doesn't support. Call me an old cynic but.......

OpenPLi is not the be all to end all. It's seems a shame that probably the best rx to come to market for some time is being undermined by petty politics.

Regards
    Peter.
    Vu+Solo2
    Vu+Duo motorised - 1.2mtr dishes - tho 1 fixed on 28.2 - the other 'the universe'
    DB 800
    DB 600
    been playing with sat since the 8 button Amstrad
    load of outdated junk sitting in the garage

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluepeter View Post
    But surely an image shouldn't be the determining factor why someone would buy a receiver or not... that is just plain crazy.
    Well, for me it is, wheter you call that crazy or not!

Quote Originally Posted by bluepeter View Post
    OpenPLi is not the be all to end all.
    Yep it is. At least: PLi (based) images are. For me at least.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    I can only agree. The PLI images are great and I haven't tested any other image that are even close as the OpenPLI and VXI images.

I am hoping that VXI comes out to my new Solo2 and soon. I just got it and saw the post about no support from VU+, same. I hope everything clears up soon so that we can get this great image on this machine.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Well, for me it is, wheter you call that crazy or not!

Yep it is. At least: PLi (based) images are. For me at least.
    But you would say that Rob, you are a Vix beta tester with some degree of vested interest. I like to play devils advocate, you need to put forward a reasoned argument for why Pli (based) images reach other parts other images don't. Otherwise for those like me in the know you're biased view has no validity.

Please let me also say that PLi based images have always been well thought through and on the whole stable.... but and I say but, over the years I've had my fair share of problems with both PLi based enigma1/2 images as I have had with others... There's yet to be the perfect image so no I wouldn't let the image be the deciding factor whether or not I'd buy a particular RX... Thats really sad.

Like I said, much too much politics going on here and that's clouding the issue.,

It would be great to be able to discuss this receiver openly without felling that every other poster jumps in the thread to dis Vu for their so called lack of support (ood drivers etc) I don't suppose Vu are losing too much sleep over Vix releasing an image or not... WOS the site sponsors are still selling the Solo2....now if they decided to withdraw support, that would speak volumes but that's not going to happen is it.

So put up or shut up.....

I was one of the earliest members to this forum giving the Vix image my full support over the time.... I come here less and less now, this childish attitude and biased nature that some take defies belief.... Do remember this it all open source s/w for anyone that is capable of modification... I've yet to find a perfectly written image... much of it needs to be rewritten, cleaned up etc etc. and that goes for open PLi images.

Regards
    Peter
    Vu+Solo2
    Vu+Duo motorised - 1.2mtr dishes - tho 1 fixed on 28.2 - the other 'the universe'
    DB 800
    DB 600
    been playing with sat since the 8 button Amstrad
    load of outdated junk sitting in the garage

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bluepeter For This Useful Post:

Donnie (24-12-12),Godanapo (25-12-12),KristianM (25-12-12),Mandanddeb (25-12-12),Raitsa (24-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I think I may be one of the new members you mention.
    I maybe new to this site but i'm not new to others.

I know that I had a tm800hd and there was never a usable image for it then the tmtwin came out and it was a dog, vix started to make an image and now my box isn't a dog anymore.
    Thanks to vix I can now use an open4d (based on pli2.1), aaf, sif or vix image (all oe-alliance) and a pure pli3.0 is being worked on at the moment. These options would not be available if the vix team hadn't taken the time to work on the box and share their results.

Blackhole doesn't support my box the only support is from pli based images so i'm going to be biased am I not ?

As I have stated before if it wasn't for vix getting tm to get the drivers sorted then my tmtwin would be pretty useless, I transfer that logic to any box and for me if vix don't support it then i'm not interested. It's a view that my experience has reinforced.

I speak from my experiences I can't use a non pli based image because they don't support the box I own it is not exactly rocket science is it. If other images don't support my box why should I even look at them ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    To be honest guys we have made our selves perfectly clear on this situation and im certainly not going to bother replying any more other than to say this.

Our stance with Vu is neither politically motivated nor financially motivated as some seem to believe. nor are we waiting for Pli or any other team to do any work for us, we are currently working on a Solo2 image and it will only be released when we decide to do so.

We have always had a reputation as a team who would only release a image as and when we were happy it was rite to do so, and from now on thats the case with this one. we will of course update this forum and only this forum with any changes that relate to a release and thats all there is to it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bassethound (24-12-12),drzaphod (24-12-12),Huevos (25-12-12),impoundeddog (26-12-12),judge (24-12-12),ka5hm1r (25-12-12),Maxwell (24-12-12),Mr. Mister (24-12-12),Rob van der Does (25-12-12),s31teg (25-12-12),Sicilian (25-12-12),ukbob (24-12-12),^^COMPASS^^ (24-12-12)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234