Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this how Gigablue gives support to loyal customers?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    erm so can any other E2 receiver with the correct image.

I have been streaming tuners between my uno / ultimo and duo for easily 6 months or longer using the remotestreamconvert plugin.
    Phoenix, I am thinking of installing a cheap solo E2 receiver just with an ethernet connection in a new bedroom in our cellar, where it is pretty impossible to connect to any satellite connection (too much concrete to penetrate) - apart from installing the box, VIX image and plugin, do I have to do anything else to use with my current ET9200? (I will not be using the new boxes sat tuner at all)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    no as long as it has a active network connection with the host box it will be fine, this is exactly how i had it between my uno and ultimo.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Phoenix, I am thinking of installing a cheap solo E2 receiver just with an ethernet connection in a new bedroom in our cellar, where it is pretty impossible to connect to any satellite connection (too much concrete to penetrate) - apart from installing the box, VIX image and plugin, do I have to do anything else to use with my current ET9200? (I will not be using the new boxes sat tuner at all)
    Going off topic, please start another thread for this.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    The only sensible thing to do for GB is to close their forum (just as Vantage did some time ago, for the very same reason). Their staff is far too embedded in the company to be able to act on a forum.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    OK, but that doesn't make up for the attitude they show on their forum.
    Attitude thats tame compared to alsat or the spiderbox forum (they are as nice as a rattlesnake with a hangover eating a wasp)
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marty For This Useful Post:

bassethound (17-12-12),scruff1963 (17-12-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XabiX View Post
    hopefully we get a kind of release note so we can see what enhancements are coming.
    Generally people don't over promise, in case they can't deliver in time. It fairly common practice. They get out bug fixes at regular intervals, and have to fully test them before release. I'm sure the OpenVIX team do the same thing.
    I have been following the work Gigablue have done so far, and they have been working on fixing the issues. That's the reason I have purchased mine, I'll be receiving it today.
    Can't wait.

They are doing their own support, which is a lot more than I can say about Vu+. I emailed Alex a couple of times and never got a reply.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Please do so (open a specific thread) as I am interested to do the same. I was even hopping to be able to by a TV that allows apps so maybe there is a way to avoid buying a 2nd demo. which means a client that would do the same as this pluging but available from the TV vendors !

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerThis View Post
    They are doing their own support, which is a lot more than I can say about Vu+. I emailed Alex a couple of times and never got a reply.
    I fully agree that VU+ has been making a mess of it's support for over a year.
    But again: this thread is not about support, but about publicly abusing clients on their own forum. And I must say that not replying to an e-mail is at least far more unpretentious.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    But again: this thread is not about support, but about publicly abusing clients on their own forum. And I must say that not replying to an e-mail is at least far more unpretentious.
    Would you be able to translate this as google translate isn't doing a great job?

Soooo da hier weiter munter gepostet wird als ob es ein Diskussionsthread ist und auch nicht einheitlich die Sprache eingehalten wird, genauso manche meinen Sie müssten irgendwelche Tips posten obwohl klipp und klar im ersten Posting steht was zu beachten ist, mache ich diesen Thread nun zu. So können die Entwickler doch niemals in Ruhe die Bugs lesen wenn ihr alles voll müllt !! Und ich möchte auch keine Beschwerden hören, da seid ihr nun wirklich selber schuld !

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Clear as mud to me

Soooo there will be further posted merrily as if there is a discussion thread and also not standardized language is respected, just as some people think you have to post any tips though clearly in the first post is what is important, I make this thread to now. For example, developers can read but never at rest all the bugs if you müllt full! And I want to hear any complaints because you are really your own fault!
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerThis View Post
    Would you be able to translate this as google translate isn't doing a great job?
    To short-phrase this and other postings: P@#ss Off instead of talking about bugs............

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    To short-phrase this and other postings: P@#ss Off instead of talking about bugs............
    Still not as bad as alsat, they would ban you too
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700

14. The Following User Says Thank You to marty For This Useful Post:

scruff1963 (17-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Hehehe, all this companies are on same boat. I had Vu+ Uno and send it to Germany 3 times to repair it, i mailed Vu+ many times and i never ever got a answer.
    I buy Duo and same shit box just got stucked on bootloader and i had to find my self more money to buy an Ultimo, and to my bad luck even that box is defected where i cannot record as boxc freezes.

I then buy Mara M9 and Unibox HD3 same shit here to, not much support from the companies.

I will have to agrea that they should treat costumers with respect, but as others say bugs are being fixed.

Well when have there been an forum from this companies that give a tos about us, i have not seen any in my live in sat sceene.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Attitude thats tame compared to alsat or the spiderbox forum (they are as nice as a rattlesnake with a hangover eating a wasp)
    LoL couldn't have put it better myself

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi View Post
    Hehehe, all this companies are on same boat. I had Vu+ Uno and send it to Germany 3 times to repair it, i mailed Vu+ many times and i never ever got a answer.
    I buy Duo and same shit box just got stucked on bootloader and i had to find my self more money to buy an Ultimo, and to my bad luck even that box is defected where i cannot record as boxc freezes.

I then buy Mara M9 and Unibox HD3 same shit here to, not much support from the companies.

I will have to agrea that they should treat costumers with respect, but as others say bugs are being fixed.

Well when have there been an forum from this companies that give a tos about us, i have not seen any in my live in sat sceene.
    lol, you do not have luck with your boxes! Can't say I've had any problems with any of my boxes that have required it to be sent away *touch wood*... Closest I have come is when the psu on my old dm800 died, and I contact dm, who sent out a replacement psu within a couple of weeks. Box was about 2 years old at the time, so can't fault them on that...

But, back to the topic, if they can't say anything nice, best to say nothing at all...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast