Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bbc3

Title
    Thanks

Bbc3

Hello how can I tune BBC3 in on my TM800HD the channel is in the channel list but it wont open ,I dont know how to tune channels in please help thanks take care

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    How old is your channel list?

Try uploading these to your box http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...176#post177176

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help but I dont know how to do that never done anything like this before ,the engineer installed my receiver and he wants paying again to tune BBC3 in for me thanks take care

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have a watch of this video
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-bougets-to-E2

If you really get stuck, post back here.

how much does he want and what other services doe he provide?

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Hi he wants £15 to do it for me I could do it myself if there was Instructions with this receiver ,and he is a SAT Installer puts dishes up and so on cheers take care

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    watch the video in my link and see how you go, if your stuck ask here again - no need to pay for such a easy task

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Hello could you explain where I would start menu scan or what if you could do that for me I would be eternally gratefull cheers

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you've lost me Roy.

If you mean to scan the sat than its MENU>SETUP>SERVICE CONFIGURATION and IIRC its scan

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry I just wanted you to show me what to do LOL because I am pulling my hair out its really doing my head in I told the misses she will have to do whithout BBC3 LOL cheers take care

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Buys tommorrow evening and now just off to bed but if you bump this will try and help you on Thursday unless someone else has already helped out - which is very likley as well.

In the meantime if you do a scan it may pick the frequency change up but may not if your satellite.xml file is quite old

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help take care Roy.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys I still cant sort it I have been all over the place looking for help but just cant find anybody that knows what to do thanks take care

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Be on lone tomorrow evening will talk you it

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Ill be here Stanman mate and thanks a lot I apreciate your help cheers take care

Title
    Thanks
    The easiest way to update your bbc3 would be to download and install one of the prebuilt channel list as pointed out by stanman. (which is probably what your installer has done originally)

You need a channel list editor I use dreambox edit. Available here

You also need some enigma 2 settings as pointed out by Stanman the Mr Mister ones are very good download the latest list here

Go to your box and get it's ip address. To do that press menu>system>setup>network>adapter settings (I think)

Then install dreamboxedit. Open it up and configure it with your boxes ip address and allow it to use duplicates in bouquets.

To do that go to tools then options. Under profiles put the ip address in leave the ports at the defaults username is root and there is no password.

Then go to advanced tick allow duplicate entries in user bouquets I also tick allow reboot dreambox button on FTP.

Click Save

Extract the mr mister channel list to a folder. Then press the open folder button below the file button and choose the folder where the channel list is saved.

All the channels should be listed in dreambox edit. You can then edit the list to your liking i.e bbc and stv regional variations by copy and pasting the channels and deleting the wrong variation that you don't want/need.

Then click the transfer button which looks like a STB with 2 arrows coming out of it. Tick auto reload settings enigma2. Then press send files to dreambox.

Test 115 which should be bbc 3 if it doesn't work reboot the box by clicking reboot dreambox on the transfer files screen you were last on.

You should now have all the latest frequencies. You may need to do this every now and again as the channels move about transponders every now and again.

You may need to update your picons if the engineer gave you any. (Picture on the banner that pops up on channel change etc)

You'll need a ftp program to do that or you can do it with dreambox edit but it's quicker with a ftp program.

Hope that helps Davie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast