Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upgrading second stage

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    so you run a single image out of flash - doesnt it fill up?

currently trying to install barry allen but it wont go on - says it cant find the file - is that because the base flash is now oe2.0 - im guessing i need a newer version of barry allen....ive got 7.0.9

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    HTML Code:
    http://www.oozoon.de/category/tools/
    ozoon used to be the base image of chioce for barry allen, but they appear to no longer surport the 7000

but try a search on google
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

3. The Following User Says Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

Comfysofa (24-11-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Its ok - im there - booted into the flash image and then went to manage extensions scanned the disk ( its never done that before! ) must be something new but, needless to say it worked, who knew! - barry allen installed (version 8) and its found all my previous images but i think i can only use oe20 images now but that doesnt matter, im there....many thanks for this evenings help - ive been at this in a round a bout way most of the day but as i said its a glorious waste of time!! ill get a tv channel scanned in soon if im lucky!

Title
    Thanks
    I have had a look at barry allen but can't see what it does other than transfer the image files to the hdd.
    I play with images but they take a couple of minutes to flash.

Don't understand your question on flash space as I have never run out of space on my 800se but then I don't normally add much.
    Must admit I am going to install barry allen now just to see what i'm missing, it comes with something called wally west not surw what that is either, will translate from german tomorrow when sober

as a side note shame about hatton

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not into boxing, football, grass sports etc etc.....so i take it he lost....bikes for me....TT being the highpoint - go over once a year - the only time where you can find the top end of whatever your riding legally (strange doing 130 trying to get past a police x5 without gettting knicked!)

Asked about the flash filling up as ( this is ancient history for me - years ago when i had a 7000 i could never understand why id install and image ) mess around, install plugins etc etc and then i get to a point where it would error....found out that there was obviously a finite amount of flash space, then found Barry allen....no limits on flash space (as the hard drive becomes the flash memory area - or usb) meaning you can keep a fully configured (or as best configured as i can) and then try other images out - once the nfi is ftp'd over to the holding area which barry allen looks at you can do the rest from the remote - perfect.

This time once id got the oe20 image installed, then installed barry allen, it found all the images that id previously installed and i could boot back in to them. To be honest its the main reason i stick to Dreamboxes - theyre the only ones that i know where this can be done (i do have a VU+ duo thats in the front room pointed to 28.2 but that rarely gets messed with. Dreamboxes for me are furiously expensive but, you do get the longevity out of them, id love a 7020hd but back to point A (bloody expensive)

Wandering off point now but ill say that the thing i tend to have the most problems is, is installation of cam's and working out where keys go etc etc.....as i said right at the start ill just randomly mess around loose count of how many things ive tried and then for whatever reason i get something decoding, cant remember what i did and then just run with that until it stops....well scientific...cheers for the help anyway - again....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Comfysofa For This Useful Post:

joes (17-12-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12