Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Watching programme while it is still recording

Title
    Thanks

Watching programme while it is still recording

Me and my wife are loving the Technomate Twin, it really has been the perfect replacement for our Sky+ Box so far. However there is just one feature we seem to be missing. Is it possible to watch a programme while it is still recording? I have tried it but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    if you mean for example start a recording @ 19:00 then decide @ 19:10 to watch that program from the beginning while its still recording then yes it's possible.

press LIST and you will see all of your recordings etc, the one in red is the one thats currently recording, just play that file, it will start from the beginning, you can forward wind, rewind, pause and stop and it wont affect the recording still taking place.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

demented (18-11-12)

Title
    Thanks

Thanks Phoenix, I'm sure that's what I tried last time but it didn't work. Will test it out again.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just tried it my self on ViX 3.0-423 And its working fine for me, although it was on a FTA channel but that should make no difference.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks

Yep works perfectly now, not sure why it didn't the last time. The box is now officially perfect!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well i'm very happy your liking your receiver, satellite TV has been a life long hobby of mine for well over 25 years and i officially welcome you into that hobby.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    well i'm very happy your liking your receiver, satellite TV has been a life long hobby of mine for well over 25 years and i officially welcome you into that hobby.
    .... And I thought you were a mere youngster!!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    .... And I thought you were a mere youngster!!
    lol i am if you consider 34 young, been swinging from satellite dishes since i was 9.

SIMPLES.