Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only Tuner A available on Auto Scan

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Only Tuner A available on Auto Scan

Why is it that Tuner B will ot show up on the Auto Scan screen or be able to switch between them to scan them independantly.

Also, when a scan has completed OK, there is nothing in the Bouquet in 'last scanned' and the programme guide has nothing in it?

There must be a setting I'm missing

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madaboutlotus View Post
    Why is it that Tuner B will ot show up on the Auto Scan screen or be able to switch between them to scan them independantly.

Also, when a scan has completed OK, there is nothing in the Bouquet in 'last scanned' and the programme guide has nothing in it?

There must be a setting I'm missing
    I received my box on Friday and setting up the tuner has been a pain. Having set up numerous boxes, this has been without the worst to set the tuner up. I put it in Advance find the 3 Sat's okay, but on scanning it pick up only about half of them. I finish up in scanning each in simple to get.
    the rest. The most SNR I have is 26%. RTL is showing with a very good picture 1% SNR so there must be some bugs. I know the SNR is a only a indicator, but the previous unmentionable box showed 94% on RTL on this 8Ocm Dish. Even fine tuning positioner for a start was a trial, that I connected up a decent Sat meter to fine tune it on the other output of a twin LNB. Every thing else seemed to go okay: installing hd and updates etc. I am tired now so I will, just watch the TV with this box with a beer, and play with it tomorrow. I try the other box to see if any cables are loose.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts

AW: Only Tuner A available on Auto Scan

Hi,
    how is your Tuner setup? If Tuner B is "same as A" er "connected with A" then it makes no sense to offer a separate scan. For EPG you have to zap or use crossepg.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It certainly proving to be not as straight forward as I thought it would be. There must be a way to tune in Tuner B on the Auto-Scan? I'm sure this would have been tested before it was sent out when the image was put on?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Tuner B does show up here for Autoscan. In Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration > What are your Tuner B settings?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    how is your Tuner setup? If Tuner B is "same as A" er "connected with A" then it makes no sense to offer a separate scan. For EPG you have to zap or use crossepg.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2
    The tuners are both set up to 28.2E as I have a fixed dish. The DVB-T is set up for Europe as my local transmitter is not in the list. When you do an auto scan there is nothing I have found to change the tuner to B so that will scan a channel list as well.

The EPG is what was on the image when it came. When I first set the box up and it scanned, the programme guide filled with FTA channels and nothing else. Now the programme guide does not fill up with any programmes? I will eventually load crosspeg and Sgt's or MrMister's channel listings but I need to get it working on the basics first.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Automatic scan is correct then, if both tuners are the set to the same satellite automatic scan will only select tuner A. If tuner b was motorised or a different fixed satellite then it would appear in automatic scan.

Regards DVB-T: -

1. Set tuner as Europe, Middle-east, Africa DVB-T frequencies.
    2. Scan using these settings: -

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > Select the correct tuner > Type of scan complete > Network scan YES.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Tuner B does show up here for Autoscan. In Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration > What are your Tuner B settings?
    Simple, single, 28.2 Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2B, DiSEqC=no
    These are the same as Tuner A

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Simple, single, 28.2 Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2B, DiSEqC=no
    These are the same as Tuner A
    Read post 7 above
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Automatic scan is correct then, if both tuners are the set to the same satellite automatic scan will only select tuner A.
    Indeed, and why would you want to choose tuner B in that case?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK Sicilian, then I understand why Tuner B is not showing up, but what does the programme guide list the channels it has successfully scanned?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    OK Sicilian, then I understand why Tuner B is not showing up, but what does the programme guide list the channels it has successfully scanned?
    Look for a Last scanned bouquet.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Indeed, and why would you want to choose tuner B in that case?
    I though that Tuner B had to have channel scan loaded as well so that if recording on both tuner it would have programme reference, if that makes sence

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Look for a Last scanned bouquet.
    Did that, nothing shows?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I though that Tuner B had to have channel scan loaded as well so that if recording on both tuner it would have programme reference, if that makes sence
    No: fortunately there's only one channel list. Depending on the tuner configuration tuners can use services from that list.

I know a lot of 'closed source' boxes work indeed the (horrible) way you suggested.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast