Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GigaBlue Quad + OpenMips 2.0 + HDGlass16 skin + CoolTV Guide = Quad on VIX 3.1 ;)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    You can also set logs to save to HDD or USB so they don't get lost on a new flash.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry2 View Post
    Yes the update bug is fixed now ;-) I am on 905 ;-)
    905 was 404 this morning much have been 501 updates this afternoon
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

I got my box and went straight to the Vix image, which I continued to play with quite happily.

Had a bit of time this afternoon and tried your combination, my first thought was why on earth is the image twice the size of the Vix image. After a successful flash I began installing the apps you suggested only to be presented with several green screens of death.

I have now promptly returned back to Vix where I personally feel the image may not have as many bells and whistles yet, but for smoothness and functionality it fits what I am after. For me the decision was simple, why am I tinkering when the old image worked straight away and all I will end up doing is comparing it.

Thankyou devs for the work so far.

p.s. this is my own personal opinion and as such has no reflection on other images which may be as good if that is what you want, I am just too lazy to spend all night tinkering.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    905 was 404 this morning much have been 501 updates this afternoon

Hehe yes 405. I do not have receiver near and my memory seems to be bad.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spv4u View Post
    Hi

I got my box and went straight to the Vix image, which I continued to play with quite happily.

Had a bit of time this afternoon and tried your combination, my first thought was why on earth is the image twice the size of the Vix image. After a successful flash I began installing the apps you suggested only to be presented with several green screens of death.

I have now promptly returned back to Vix where I personally feel the image may not have as many bells and whistles yet, but for smoothness and functionality it fits what I am after. For me the decision was simple, why am I tinkering when the old image worked straight away and all I will end up doing is comparing it.

Thankyou devs for the work so far.

p.s. this is my own personal opinion and as such has no reflection on other images which may be as good if that is what you want, I am just too lazy to spend all night tinkering.
    Yeah, I guess that's a fair point, why spent time on tweaking/installing plugins while you may have a 'plug and play' image.
    I guess I am one of the people who, exactly for the above reason, does not like iOS or iPhone for that matter. I do like playing around with my Galaxy S3 thou.
    GigaBlue Quad, Vu+ Duo 2TB HDD
    Panasonic Viera 55VT30 and Panasonic Viera TH-42PV60E
    W.H.E.N. multi-room system from Audioaccess, Xbox 360 kinect
    Pioneer VSX 1017AV with Definitive Technology Speakers + Yamaha SubWoofer NS-SW700
    Logitech Duet, Harmony remotes 900, 1100, LaCie Network Space 2
    HP Mediasmart Connect (which streams recordings from Vu+Duo HDD thru MiniDLNA client of VIX)
    (SKY HD+ Box, Kaon HD boxes in the drawers! )

Title
    Thanks
    I agree my choice is a stable image that works and you don't need to spend hours cuztomizing and that supports on line upgrades to avoid wasting time doing upgrades !

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Oops, lost tuner B - when I installed back the latest OpenVix :'(
    Yeah, you guessed it - I could not wait to go back to VIX. I did miss the VIX buttons.
    But, strangely enough, I lost one of the Sat tuners. I swapped cables, but the same - tuner B seems dead.
    I am reflashing with VIX to see it fixes it... grrrrr

-===========================-

after reflashing my Quad with OpenVix - tuner B 'came alive'. )

I don't why, when setting up the tuners in every reflash the tuner settings I select manually are not saved. They just keep on going to 'automatically select'. I have to go back to tuner settings after the box boots up in order to set the tuners correctly. I am not bragging about it too much, but it is a minor setback.

I have 2 Sat tuners and one Terrestial tuner (two sat dishes - each with Disceq; 1st dish has 28.2 + 23.5, and the 2nd dish has 13, 16, 19.2").
    FYI
    Last edited by mauri; 13-11-12 at 19:38.
    GigaBlue Quad, Vu+ Duo 2TB HDD
    Panasonic Viera 55VT30 and Panasonic Viera TH-42PV60E
    W.H.E.N. multi-room system from Audioaccess, Xbox 360 kinect
    Pioneer VSX 1017AV with Definitive Technology Speakers + Yamaha SubWoofer NS-SW700
    Logitech Duet, Harmony remotes 900, 1100, LaCie Network Space 2
    HP Mediasmart Connect (which streams recordings from Vu+Duo HDD thru MiniDLNA client of VIX)
    (SKY HD+ Box, Kaon HD boxes in the drawers! )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123