Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Image 3 Updating

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Also try using a different lan cable as there was a post here some weeks back where a user could never update online but could do every thing else such as download plugins. his issue was sorted by replacing the lan cable to the receiver. all i can really say is that i have never had this issue with my ultimo nor any other box on any build or version of the image.
    Thanks. I hope this posts okay as my last attempt timed out! I don't doubt what you are saying but find the facts confusing. Today I re-flashed my box to 393 and then used the Box software update to go to 394, clearly my LAN cable is working fine. After a period of time, not yet defined, I find the box and Telnet features will not update. Clearly I am no expert but it seems something is being corrupted somehow. It is not too long ago that I re-flashed and set up without using any backup data, hence I would prefer not to do that again unless you are saying that is the only way forward. Regards Frankblueking
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    One question to you guys having the problem... How do you have your network setup? Are you using dhcp to get an ip address? How about setting the ip of the box to a static up outside of the dhcp lease range, so that you are sure it will definitely be the only box with that ip address?!
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (02-11-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I am not in the same room as my Vu+ Box now but will check my network settings tomorrow and post the information. From memory I am using DHCP and I am confident it is the only device with that address. (As viewed from my router.)
    Rgds Frankblueking
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    Hi I am not in the same room as my Vu+ Box now but will check my network settings tomorrow and post the information. From memory I am using DHCP and I am confident it is the only device with that address. (As viewed from my router.)
    Rgds Frankblueking
    Even so, please try following Adobe steps to ensure outside of dhcp lease range...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i never set any of my boxes up with DHCP active, every one is assigned its own fixed ip by me manually.

if fact i just setup my Vu+ Duo LE on build 386 and am currently updating via the online updates to 394.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Even so, please try following Adobe steps to ensure outside of dhcp lease range...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2
    Will try tomorrow. Rgds Frankblueking

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    i never set any of my boxes up with DHCP active, every one is assigned its own fixed ip by me manually.

if fact i just setup my Vu+ Duo LE on build 386 and am currently updating via the online updates to 394.
    I will check tomorrow but from memory it is DHCP active. I could try switching it off!! Still confused why the update works for a period. Any thoughts? Rgds Frankblueking

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    As advised, re-flash the unit fresh, do not restore any backups, then let us know.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Reply to Phoenix and Sicilian
    I connected my Vu+ directly to the router instead of through a hub, it made no difference to my ability to update the software, it still needed a reflash. I started to reflash and setup from scratch but the boss wanted to watch TV!! I will do it over the weekend and let you know what happens. Rgds Frankblueking

PS DHCP was enabled so I disabled it but no discernable difference.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    DHCP was enabled so I disabled it but no discernable difference.
    You need to disable it and then set an IP in the static range of your router. If you just disable DHCP the IP will remain in the DHCP range and there will be an even greater chance of an IP collision.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (06-11-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    As advised, re-flash the unit fresh, do not restore any backups, then let us know.
    I have now reflashed without using any settings backup. Several things have changed, so far I have been able to update the software using the box. I will check again tomorrow to see if the software update is still working. I note that the EPG 24hr advance button ">" now works. One puzzle is that 1080P cannot be selected in setup now!! When I updated 394 to 399 I could not access my recordings. Assuming 399 is a beta version I have gone back to 394 and my recordings reappear. Thanks for your advice on the reflash, it looks as if it is working.
    Rgds Frankblueking

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    So our advise was correct then

Regards recordings read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...manager-issues

Next time please start ViX related threads in ViX support center http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...Support-Centre
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (06-11-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    So our advise was correct then

Regards recordings read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...manager-issues

Next time please start ViX related threads in ViX support center http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...Support-Centre

Your advice was most certainly on the spot I never doubted your advice could work, I did not understand why as the solution suggests a wrong setting or corrupted file. I wanted to try other possible solutions before committing to a full reflash. Is the problem with selecting 1080P a known problem? Thanks. Frankblueking

Title
    Thanks
    It would appear I was hasty with my accolades!! After 24 hours I find yet again I cannot update the software using the box!! It is back to saying the box is busy checking for updates. I have checked the LAN cable and everything is working there so I am back to the beginning. Any further ideas? One thought I had was whether using the flash to save the EPG files is somehow corrupting other files. Not logical I know!! Comments welcome.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    I would not be saving the EPG to flash..

I would be saving to HDD or USB..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (06-11-12)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast