Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Streaming HD Videos

Title
    Thanks

Streaming HD Videos

Hi Guys I have an issue with streaming to my PC and android. I can stream well but the minute I switch to HD format the video freezes so that it is not watchable. Is this a limitation of my Vu+ Ultimo or some other problem. My setup is in my signature.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    The box has no limitation in this area. So it's the network (bandwith) or the devices not being able to decode HD-video (or both).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (17-10-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    The box has no limitation in this area. So it's the network (bandwith) or the devices not being able to decode HD-video (or both).
    Hi Rob I understand your post but do not understand what I need to do!! I have followed the excellent post on setting up Wondershare Player. Where do I go now? How do I check bandwidth issues? I have fibre optic broadband so speed is not the issue!! Regards Frankblueking
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    But is it fibre optic from the router to your device?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    Hi Rob I understand your post but do not understand what I need to do!! I have followed the excellent post on setting up Wondershare Player. Where do I go now? How do I check bandwidth issues? I have fibre optic broadband so speed is not the issue!!
    So this is to external then? Please tell me your measured upload speed.

Title
    Thanks
    This is the reply to Stanman and Rob

My Desk PC and Vu+ Ultimo are hardwired to the router.(Not digital) My mobile (Samsung Galaxy2) connects over my 100Mb/s LAN. When not at home I use whatever wifi is available. My measured speeds at home are typically greater than 25Mb/s download and 15Mb/s upload. I use VLC on my PC and Netbook to stream and Wondershare for the android. I have looked at the software settings but cannot see anything relevant to change. I use Webif to manage the box connection. Again I have no problems streaming non HD streams!! Can you guys stream HD and if yes how does your setup differ?
    Regards Frankblueking

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are the devices you want to stream to, capable of HD-decoding?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Are the devices you want to stream to, capable of HD-decoding?
    Yes they have all the grunt to do HD. Rgds

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Than the only thing I can think of is bandwidth. You could try connecting your box directly to the PC to test.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    Hi Guys I have an issue with streaming to my PC and android. I can stream well but the minute I switch to HD format the video freezes so that it is not watchable. Is this a limitation of my Vu+ Ultimo or some other problem. My setup is in my signature.
    Regardless of your broadband connection (unless you live in the countryside with very low bandwidth), the ability to stream is dependent on whether your LAN is up to spec .... what cables are you using for the LAN (cat5, 5e or 6), how close are the connections, and the ability of your PC/Vlc combination to process the HD stream, which is considerably higher than SD. Regarding the ability to stream HD to ANY phone is questionable over WiFi.
    Even sophisticated setups e.g. video on NAS, connected to media player -> TV, can have problems with HD streams where all connections in the link are not up to scratch.

Title
    Thanks
    I have exactly the same issues. The symptom is on both duo and ultimo boxes. My PC is connected via LAN 100mbs over a 1000mbs LAN so enough band width for 10 boxes! My VLC app will play any HD file perfectly over LAN, WEB or DVD etc but not from VU other apps behave the same too. The same issue is displayed when using PIP on VU it will currently only support STD. I find it hard to believe no one else has experienced this please try for yourselves PIP stalls in HD works perfectly in STD.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

VU+DUO, VU+Ultimo, 1TB HDD, 90cm Stab HH90 Usals 28.2E, 4.8E, 16E& 7W 90cm fixed via multi switch 2 feeds, Pioneer AV VSX1016 Amp.
    Harmony 650 RC
    Kernel 3.1.1, Drivers 25-01-13, VIX 3.0.600 , Cross EPG.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    I have exactly the same issues. The symptom is on both duo and ultimo boxes. My PC is connected via LAN 100mbs over a 1000mbs LAN so enough band width for 10 boxes! My VLC app will play any HD file perfectly over LAN, WEB or DVD etc but not from VU other apps behave the same too. The same issue is displayed when using PIP on VU it will currently only support STD. I find it hard to believe no one else has experienced this please try for yourselves PIP stalls in HD works perfectly in STD.
    So although you may have a gigabit ethernet connector in the PC (?)and all connections are by min cat5e cable?..... the duo/ultimo only have 100Mbit connections, so suggest you recheck your connections.
    Read somewhere (here?) that GigaBlue Quad is first with HD full motion PIP

Title
    Thanks
    I did say i was connected at 100mbs over a 1000mbs LAN. The LAN connection has been tested and no issues its 100mbs. Also to repeat myself the PIP has the same issue nothing to with LAN or any other external connections.

VU+DUO, VU+Ultimo, 1TB HDD, 90cm Stab HH90 Usals 28.2E, 4.8E, 16E& 7W 90cm fixed via multi switch 2 feeds, Pioneer AV VSX1016 Amp.
    Harmony 650 RC

Title
    Thanks
    I have my PC hardwired and struggle to get the SD channels working without breaking up using VLC and webif. As for HD forget it.
    Laptops the same.
    Just assumed my network not good enough but it is an N router, plays movies from PC to Vu box ok though, strange.
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garyblas View Post
    I have my PC hardwired and struggle to get the SD channels working without breaking up using VLC and webif. As for HD forget it.
    Laptops the same.
    Just assumed my network not good enough but it is an N router, plays movies from PC to Vu box ok though, strange.
    Playing movies from PC to Vu+ Box surely proves that the network can cope??? Is the issue therefore the out streaming software on the Vu+ box?

Harmony 650 RC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast