Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: "tune failed" with Vu+ Duo

Title
    Thanks

"tune failed" with Vu+ Duo

i have a pretty odd problem I'd say

Im running the VIX 2.3 image (not sure if this is the problem which is why i didnt put it in the VIX support section), but Im having a problem

I currently only use one tuner because there's something wrong with the other line coming from my mini dish, Ill be getting a replacement within 2 weeks

now, I use dreamdroid in my bedroom on my Galaxy Tab2 7.0 as I dont have a TV there yet, now as I have only 1 tuner available so I have to zap the channel on the box, then stream.

the problem is when i come back to watch it on TV and try to change the channel, i get a message saying tune failed, i can watch the channel I was streaming but cant change it until i turn off with the main switch and reboot it.

does anyone know how to fix this please? i didnt have the problem with my dish was working properly as I didnt have to zap the channel

thanks

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    I think its because streaming as far as the unit goes..is the same as recording, recordings take priority over the user, so as only one tuner is working, once you stream, on the tv, you will only have limited transponders available, hence loss of signal
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    oh right. i stop the streaming before i try to view on TV though and end the program. is this a limitation of the device/enigma2 or is there anything i can do to be able to change channels once i stop streaming?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Are you sure the app is killed properly? Also, why not try upgrading to vix 3.0 it's worth it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thameswater View Post
    oh right. i stop the streaming before i try to view on TV though and end the program. is this a limitation of the device/enigma2 or is there anything i can do to be able to change channels once i stop streaming?
    There's a known problem in all VU drivers for all VU boxes: sometimes tuners are not properly 'released' when streaming has stopped. Only cure in that case is to reboot the box.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.