Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't update software on ViX-3.0.343

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    green icon flashing again tried software update via box and telnet ,but my internet just crashes,, strange

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarsArtis View Post
    Hi mates
    bad news. Just yesterday I flashed to VIX 378 the DUO that usually seems affected by the issue.
    This morning I noticed a new update available on the feed but the DUO did not alert me. So tried to force update and it returned me the ALERT abaout background check process running.

So tried the telnet upgrade and again I get the wget 255 error.

I then tried to detach all the external USB devices (HDD, DVB-T, and USB pendrive). Retried telnet update and upgrade but still 255 error.

What could be causing this behaviour?

Just for testing purpose can anybody suggest me an alternative image for duo capable of online update to check if this issue remains?
    This sounds similar to the issues I am seeing when trying to update. I have tried a different hard wired LAN cable without success. I am about to reflash "afresh" but not sure this is the underlying problem!!
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Have ye tried rebooting the router or left it for about 10 minutes after getting this message & tried updating again?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Have ye tried rebooting the router or left it for about 10 minutes after getting this message & tried updating again?
    yes tried that,its strange it starts to update then i loose internet connection and i have to switch off vu at the back to re start it,and the green icon is still flashing

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    So, after you restart the modem/router, the update still isn't working?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    So, after you restart the modem/router, the update still isn't working?
    yes still will not update

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by westentertainer View Post
    yes still will not update
    sorry, no idea so, what build are you currently trying to update from?
    It's quite easy to create a settings backup, download the latest available image from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/
    and restore your settings backup, not a solution but an easy workaround for now.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    its 394 thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by westentertainer View Post
    its 394 thanks
    ah, lots of updates on the feeds today, maybe try again tomorrow.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Bahh!! Still will not do it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    some more feedback about the issue:
    yesterday I was @ my father's home.
    As said he also has a DUO and it was on 3.0
    I was trying to install a plugin from the feed, apparently everything was going smoothly apart that the plugin was not actually installed. Tryed restarting enigma and then rebooting. No luck.
    Then I did notice that the DVB-T tuner light sometimes started blinking even if the DUO was on sat tuner...
    So I unplugged the USB tuner, rebooted the box and finally it started to install the plugs.

My father's DUO as well one of my DUOs as always been affected by the issue discussed in this thread. On first I pointed my finger against OpenVPN, now I'm more positive that the issue may be caused by the DVB-Tuner.
    On both the affected DUOs it was installed an a867 (the Sky USB-DVB-T adapter with blue light) via telnet using these commands (drivers are not present in feed):
    Code:
    opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867
    opkg files kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867
    opkg depends kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867
    Now I've reflashad my affected DUO to openvix-3.0.394 so to make it check for updates and eventually do it.
    I'll leave it for few days without DVB-Tuner and wait for further on air updates.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yesterday Flashed to openvix-3.0.394, then this morning I did online update to openvix-3.0.405
    From EPG I set a recording timer and DUO freezed. (Switched off and on).

Anyway few minutes ago I saw that an unstable update to 411 was availabe and DUO succesfully updated to it.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well mates it's confirmed the issue (which started to affect the two DUOs since 2.4) is caused by a867 DVB-T tuner.
    Yesterday evening I was able to do the latest online update available to build 414.

To developers:
    do you want me to open a new post in Vix support section or is this actual one ok?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: Can't update software on ViX-3.0.343

Quote Originally Posted by MarsArtis View Post
    Well mates it's confirmed the issue (which started to affect the two DUOs since 2.4) is caused by a867 DVB-T tuner.
    Yesterday evening I was able to do the latest online update available to build 414.

To developers:
    do you want me to open a new post in Vix support section or is this actual one ok?
    Yes seeing as this thread is now five pages long, it may be a good idea to make a new one specifically for this error.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Starred Wolf Nu

Re: Can't update software on ViX-3.0.343

Has this been resolved. I am having the same wget 255 issues

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123