Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New ViX Team Technomate TM-TWIN-OE ViX OE3.0 Release Discussion

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    I have had similar problems when it wasn't even connected up to my tv, and just using hdmi through a monitor... Happened first time I connected it up to the monitor (first time I powered the box on). Thought the box was dodgy, until I restarted and it came up

Also had it when connected through my hdmi amp... Just turning on, and nothing outputting on tv... Now, I just power off the twin, and on again, and it works fine...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    I use 2 NEET externally powered splitters and also have no issues if I connect direct to the amp
    Code:
    http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/110931277340?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I have enabled CEC. Options set to "yes" for all options until handle wakeup from TV.
    Wakeup signal from TV = Any activity.
    Bottom three options set to "no"

No change.

I have two manual push button switches. There are no brand markings. One I got from Sainsburys and the other from ebay, similar to item 271068274787 on the bay.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (30-09-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Can we get a list together of makes/models of HDMI switches please.
    mine is a Belkin PURE AV 3 into 1 HDMI switch. has a external power supply and is both push button and remote control.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    mine is a Belkin PURE AV 3 into 1 HDMI switch. has a external power supply and is both push button and remote control.

activating HDMI CEC on the Twin seems have given mine the kick it needs, although it is worth pointing out that none of my other boxes need this setting activated, i'll keep a eye on it and report back.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (30-09-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    activating HDMI CEC on the Twin seems have given mine the kick it needs, although it is worth pointing out that none of my other boxes need this setting activated, i'll keep a eye on it and report back.
    update:.

It would seem that activating HDMI CEC has not resolved my issue as it's still happening and only on this receiver.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    working fine but how do you install or down load ccc+m into softcam ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Vix images do not have softcams installed. You have to install them manually.

See this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post155597

HTML Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html
    Last edited by basilyoung; 30-09-12 at 19:58. Reason: LIVE LINK

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    i don't have a splitter, but do use a ATEN 8 port switch, (8 device to one tv), and have no issues, when i change devices and back
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CG121 View Post
    It seems this box (and probably many others) are unable to allow simultaneous outputs..
    For example, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a TV connected via HDMI 1080i and a multiroom/DVDr via Scart RGB..I won't mention the component outputs as that too demonstrates the same poor control.
    Can't say for the TM but the VU boxes do support simultaneous outputs.

Edit: We are currently looking into this and any issues found will be reported to TM. Video-output is indeed governed by the drivers, so if there are issues TM will have to fix them.
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 03-10-12 at 07:27.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Can't say for the TM but the VU boxes do support simultaneous outputs.
    Agreed and While I have not tested this on the twin yet. I have on many occasions had one of my vu receivers looked up to two different screens at the same time, via scart and HDMI Which works great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It seems this box (and probably many others) are unable to allow simultaneous outputs..
    For example, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a TV connected via HDMI 1080i and a multiroom/DVDr via Scart RGB..I won't mention the component outputs as that too demonstrates the same poor control.
    ok just got home and dug out a scart cable.

I have Two TV's side by side, hooked up to the Twin one via the HDMI port @ 1080i and the other via the Scart port, Both ports are outputting video just fine to both TV's.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I didn't say it doesn't output video, I said it doesn't output RGB video while outputting HDMI...
    Dont take this 100%, but got a feeling this maybe a charactaristic of E2, I setup a Uno the weekend, remember seeing the samething, but will need to check again.

The HDMI hub/switch issue has been reported and I'll be pushing for a fix
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (06-10-12),CG121 (03-10-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Dont take this 100%, but got a feeling this maybe a charactaristic of E2, I setup a Uno the weekend, remember seeing the samething, but will need to check again.
    No, it's driver related: the plugin 'video mode' can only do what the drivers support.
    The VU's output RGB while at the same time outputting HDMI.
    Only thing is: the VU's have the component connectors hard-wired to the scart-RGB pins. That means that Component & Scrat-RGB don't go together, as setting one is setting the other. No idea if that's the case with TM as well.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

CG121 (07-10-12)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    No, it's driver related: the plugin 'video mode' can only do what the drivers support.
    The VU's output RGB while at the same time outputting HDMI.
    Only thing is: the VU's have the component connectors hard-wired to the scart-RGB pins. That means that Component & Scrat-RGB don't go together, as setting one is setting the other. No idea if that's the case with TM as well.
    I setup a VU+ Uno the weekend using both scart and HMDI outputs, sure it switched itself to CVBS, will need to check though.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast