Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New ViX Team Technomate TM-TWIN-OE ViX OE3.0 Release Discussion

Title
    Thanks
    I have no doubt that the vix image is the most stable image I have used so far, i definitely prefer vix image . I am not expecting dazzling skins but maybe using 32 bit colours and a few extras would be nice. Also I dont know any good skins for vix, can you recommend some along with links. Many thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iZaza For This Useful Post:

andyblac (30-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I am not a developer, can you suggest a few stable approved skins for vix. If it is not so hard than how is it made, Although I am not a developer I am not bad at graphics.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    VIX fully compatible skins are under Menu -> Plugins -> green button -> VIX

Title
    Thanks
    I have an official Viaccess card but it does not open in my 'new' tm-twin-oe. I have tried it in the card reader, as well as in the two CI slots.

What is the problem here and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

dryrainbow,

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dryrainbow View Post
    I have an official Viaccess card but it does not open in my 'new' tm-twin-oe. I have tried it in the card reader, as well as in the two CI slots.
    What is the problem here and how can I fix it?
    Please make your own thread if you have a problem; this thread is certainly not suitable nor meant for that.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Please make your own thread if you have a problem; this thread is certainly not suitable nor meant for that.
    How do I proceed to make my own thread?
    Hope its not too stupid a question.
    Thanks,
    dryrainbow.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    It is actually

Go to the right forum / sub forum and right at the very top is a new thread button

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

install from USB

With regards to the announcement below, has anyone manged to get the TM-Twin to install ipks from USB. I tried it previously but with another ext filesytem drive and thought that there was a clash. I have tried it now on build 626 with a single USB fat 32 and it does not seem to work. If I select Extra Ipks, I get a Change Location box saying to set an extra location in Backup Manager. In backup Manager, I press menu, and then the blue button says choose local ipks folder. I navigate to location and then press save and exit from the menus and go back to ipk installer still empty and have to press teh extra ipk button. The list is then populated. However, installing fails as it says "no such file or directory". And then a stalled crash after saying no to restarting gui, spinning vix, but TV still working in the background. Darn, debug logs not enabled!

IMO, the ipk installer should scan the root of a USB drive for any ipks just as it does the tmp directory. The "choose local ipk folder" should be in main "ipk installer" menu rather than in "backup manager" sub menu. Also, is it possible that when one selects this, one can install as part of the navigation process. Perhaps "install from other locations" would be a better description if this is adopted. I am not asking for dispensing of defining a folder to scan. Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: plugging in USB with the ipks on root behaved as in post 2 of the thread I linked to. Still do not show in ipk installer menu.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 08-03-13 at 01:54.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    With regards to the announcement below, has anyone manged to get the TM-Twin to install ipks from USB. I tried it previously but with another ext filesytem drive and thought that there was a clash. I have tried it now on build 626 with a single USB fat 32 and it does not seem to work. If I select Extra Ipks, I get a Change Location box saying to set an extra location in Backup Manager. In backup Manager, I press menu, and then the blue button says choose local ipks folder. I navigate to location and then press save and exit from the menus and go back to ipk installer still empty and have to press teh extra ipk button. The list is then populated. However, installing fails as it says "no such file or directory". And then a stalled crash after saying no to restarting gui, spinning vix, but TV still working in the background. Darn, debug logs not enabled!

IMO, the ipk installer should scan the root of a USB drive for any ipks just as it does the tmp directory. The "choose local ipk folder" should be in main "ipk installer" menu rather than in "backup manager" sub menu. Also, is it possible that when one selects this, one can install as part of the navigation process. Perhaps "install from other locations" would be a better description if this is adopted. I am not asking for dispensing of defining a folder to scan. Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: plugging in USB with the ipks on root behaved as in post 2 of the thread I linked to. Still do not show in ipk installer menu.

plugin the USB with no screen open just normal TV and you will be asked if you want to install the ipk's
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (11-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I'd just like to clarify the part of the flash process that refers to NEW machines (those that haven't had an Enigma 2 image).

""3c) When powering on for first time after flashing with bootloader and image you MUST REPEATEDLY PRESS EXIT until the image boot logo appears after the initial splash screen""
    ""On NEW VIRGIN receivers that have never been flashed with an Enigma 2 image or required bootloader, you MUST repeatedly press menu for a few seconds after the Linux penguin splash screen appears, you will not see an image boot logo""

Question - Do I carry out BOTH of these steps ('exit' pressing until Pingu appears, then press 'menu') OR just the 2nd part ('menu' press after Pingu only)

Thanks in advance

TL

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

russx
    Hi, im new to this site, just got a tm-twin-oe and have installed the bootloader and this software. Im using the box with a diseqc motor and it keeps failing to move the dish for no apparent reason. Sometimes can get it to work then it just stops again.
    I noticed there are later versions of vix in the downloads section than this. Im trying to put a later version on but it wont let me upgrade the box.
    Not sure if I have a dodgy box or its the software.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: New ViX Team Technomate TM-TWIN-OE ViX OE3.0 Release Discussion

Which exact image do you currently have on the receiver ?. To find out Menu > Information > About.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Please report problems in your own, separate thread.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789