Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    What is your dish setup? Fixed/Motor/Multi LNB ?
    The basics are below.

Menu>Setup>Service Searching>Tuner configuration>Tuner A
    Highlight Configuration mode and select simple using the left or right cursor keys (round the ok button) then setup the mode etc according to your dish setup

Also see the first post in this thread
    Last edited by Maxwell; 28-10-10 at 15:49.

Title
    Thanks
    For dummies er...I suppose that i'll be then lol

Title
    Thanks
    How do i change subtitles color from pink to white?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Once you've flashed the VIX got to plugins and install CCcam from there. Once installed create a CCcam.cfg and ftp to /etc

Also enable CCcam in softcam manager.
    I am writing first time in this forum with the same issue as digicell posted above and same situation. I have just got a new Vu+Duo DVSB-2 (Twin Twiner) Box and today flashed it with 1.3 VIX Image keeping in view your instructions and successfully flashed the VIX image. I then proceeded to 'Configuration' after selecting Language. I have a 'Sky Fixed Dish' currently hooked up to standard offcial Sky Digi Box However, I'm assuming my current dish 'Already' points to Astra 28.2E So, When I connect my Vu+ Duo STB (One Cable plugged into LNB1 A tuner only) on the Box when configuring Tuner A. I selected Simple and then Single. Then selecting satellite Astra (28.2E) and DiseqC.... no. I put it on auto scan for the services result. Unfortunately, I am still unable to get any result (See Image below)and every time I scan get the same reply '" scan finished, '0' services found". I'm confused how can I get the result enabling me to proceed further ? Please help me. Thank you!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    best thinhg to do is use a bouquet from feeds

silverfox0786, sgtflipflop b16mcc or andyblac setings will do

make sure you have you tuners set to simple single 28.2e and send diseqc to no thats same for both

one done f you still not getting anything then i can pretty much say you have a different issue
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Channo786 View Post
    I am writing first time in this forum with the same issue as digicell posted above and same situation. I have just got a new Vu+Duo DVSB-2 (Twin Twiner) Box and today flashed it with 1.3 VIX Image keeping in view your instructions and successfully flashed the VIX image. I then proceeded to 'Configuration' after selecting Language. I have a 'Sky Fixed Dish' currently hooked up to standard offcial Sky Digi Box However, I'm assuming my current dish 'Already' points to Astra 28.2E So, When I connect my Vu+ Duo STB (One Cable plugged into LNB1 A tuner only) on the Box when configuring Tuner A. I selected Simple and then Single. Then selecting satellite Astra (28.2E) and DiseqC.... no. I put it on auto scan for the services result. Unfortunately, I am still unable to get any result (See Image below)and every time I scan get the same reply '" scan finished, '0' services found". I'm confused how can I get the result enabling me to proceed further ? Please help me. Thank you!
    Set your tuner up like below

Then do a scan with the following settings

D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Sicillian! I'm doing the same as you suggested but the result is also same that is 0 service found. How can I get the services ? Is there a problem with lnb or cable but before connecting to this Vu+ Box I had been using it with my Skybox? Please help me to get services. Thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Hi Sicillian! I'm doing the same as you suggested but the result is also same that is 0 service found. How can I get the services ? Is there a problem with lnb or cable but before connecting to this Vu+ Box I had been using it with my Skybox? Please help me to get services. Thanks
    Re-connect your Sky receiver and make sure your feed is working correctly.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up Yey! some movement...:)

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Re-connect your Sky receiver and make sure your feed is working correctly.
    Thanks for the reply Sicilian I had my cable's slightly setup wrong. Ok now for update so far:

1) Re-started the Vu+ Duo after checking my cables from LNB to the Box all connected tightly.

2) Set the Tuner A: Config Simple
    Mode: Single
    Sat: Astra 28.2E and Eurobird

3) Went to Service Scan>Automatic Scan.
    1048 Service Found 100% completed.
    Pressed Exist>Exist till I was on the Vu+ Duo Loading Enigma II...Wallpaper.

4) Switched off from behind the STB without 'Rebooting from the remote control instead.'

5) Switched on the Receiver from the back, Starting.......DVB Service. Then go the msg again saying "No service 3sec msg pop'.

What Do I need to do now from here on? Have I lost the Service scan result that I had got perivously? At What point should I install CCcam plugin?

I understand I need to create a file from notepad called "CCcam.cfg", Question: What do I need to save inside this document as I'm not sure also what is Cline please?

Many thanks for the kind help, the ball is finally rolling.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    What Do I need to do now from here on? Have I lost the Service scan result that I had got perivously? At What point should I install CCcam plugin?

I understand I need to create a file from notepad called "CCcam.cfg", Question: What do I need to save inside this document as I'm not sure also what is Cline please?
    Did you not read the rules update this morning?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry I was busy configuring the box had missed the update, Yes read it now...trial and error now. Thank for the help so far anyway.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Sorry I was busy configuring the box had missed the update, Yes read it now...trial and error now. Thank for the help so far anyway.
    Gonzo has posted the cams here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...iX-Team-images
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Channo786 (26-01-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks sir, will look into it soon. However, I was just follwoing your Steps to get 'Bouquet' there's a Post from you with links to Everyones bouquet's but since I have Sly Dish Fixed, I'm having trouble finding the "Most Latest one yet close to my Sly Fix dish instead of motorised dish ones". Geeez theres soo many here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    use these #http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-v3.7-04.11.10
    i use them syself and they work perfect for 28.2. use dreamboxedit to load them

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fintannl For This Useful Post:

Channo786 (26-01-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fintannl View Post
    use these #http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-v3.7-04.11.10
    i use them syself and they work perfect for 28.2. use dreamboxedit to load them
    Thanks for the link mate, before I decided to try your suggested one; What about our friends Silverfox http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ngs-and-Picons?

Thanks.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast