Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Title
    Thanks
    I have to say thanks a million to everyone here. I am grateful for all your help and input. Following the advice of pooface, I got the box to a stage during flashing where it got stuck on 'programming'. After waiting for over 30mins for it to tell me that 'flash finished, remove usb and reboot', which never came, I removed the usb and proceeded to rebooting the box. At this stage, I download some plugins but could not find the appropriate plugin to download CCcam and CCcam config file.
    Pls is this a separate software or is it possible that the box is not fully programmed to contain this download section?

NB: I have software manager installed on the box and when I opened it I can several DM800/8000 nfi images. Can I install any of this image on the box to get the files I am looking for?
    Last edited by 2Hot; 30-06-10 at 12:55. Reason: Updating with more info.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Hot View Post
    NB: I have software manager installed on the box and when I opened it I can several DM800/8000 nfi images. Can I install any of this image on the box to get the files I am looking for?
    What image have you flashed?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I have only extracted the 3 usb upgrade files, placed in /vuplus/duo and flashed into the box.

Afterwards, I went to Menu->Plugins->press green to download->and download many files e.g YouTube etc.

I dont know if this is the path for flashing image or if the image is inside any of the file extensions in the Plugins.

Pls how do I get the right image and what is the procedure for flashing that on the box? Can it just be a download from the Software Manager?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I have only extracted the 3 usb upgrade files, placed in /vuplus/duo and flashed into the box.

Afterwards, I went to Menu->Plugins->press green to download->and download many files e.g YouTube etc.

I dont know if this is the path for flashing image or if the image is inside any of the file extensions in the Plugins.

Pls how do I get the right image and what is the procedure for flashing that on the box? Can it just be a download from the Software Manager?
    Please answer my question for now. Which image have you flashed to the Duo?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am getting lost now ? ill take a step back i think over to you Sic.

One quick suggestion : if you have a hard drive installed disconnect it and then flash your image I had a problem with my new box because for some reason it did not like taking the new (DE in my case) image with the Hard drive connected out of the box.
    Last edited by paul362; 30-06-10 at 14:06.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Thanks
    These are the files in the duo that was flashed unto my box, I am not sure if they are image or not. I copied them from usb upgrade I found somewhere within a THREAD on this site.

boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
    kernel_cfe_auto.bin
    root_cfe_auto.jffs2

I got it from the zip file named usb_upgrade.zip: http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...image-Ver.-4.9
    Last edited by 2Hot; 30-06-10 at 15:00. Reason: link pasted

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    These are the files in the duo that was flashed unto my box, I am not sure if they are image or not. I copied them from usb upgrade I found somewhere within a THREAD on this site.

boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
    kernel_cfe_auto.bin
    root_cfe_auto.jffs2
    All the images have 3 files named like those.

Download Duo images here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/foru...Downloads-only
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Me again ! Sic the link 2Hot posted says to me he is using the original image ??
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to paul362 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (30-06-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paul362 View Post
    Me again ! Sic the link 2Hot posted says to me he is using the original image ??
    Ah, he edited his post as I posted.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    that's so annoying isn't it

Title
    Thanks
    Hey folks...sorry I am not trying to throw you on endless run. Now everything is coming together. I just realized based on The Boss last post that I can download any image in the download section. Now I have VuPlus-Support.co.uk powered by OpenPLi installed. I will proceed step by step as per the thread for installing it. Hopefully, it will get me to where I can edit CCcam.cfg file.

I will keep ye all posted!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    You just need to install any image that allows you to install cccam via their download panel. I personally find the dream-elite the easiest (and fullest for what I want), to use. Once you've downloaded the cccam (in dream elites, it's accessed via green button -> yellow button -> Addons -> DE Cams.

Once install, you can edit the cccam.cfg file by using dcc, an ftp client, or in telnet...

Title
    Thanks
    many thanks pooface i am latching straight on the dream elite to do that asap!....happy days ahead...i'll keep you posted!

Title
    Thanks
    Finally, I got Dream Elite working, loaded all my addons and everything working fine except I dont have the fanciful miniTV when changing channels. I believe there has to be something somewhere I need to set to enable that function. It will be a nice function to have so if anyone knows which button sequence to use to get the miniTV whilst scrolling through channel will be helpful.

Thanks to the great assistance and the promptness of responses I get from this forum is second to none. Well done to everyone and thanks a mil!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    what you need 2hot is to use a skin that supports picture in graphics (PIG). to know the skin support it, you'll find it in the skin name for example, Beyounce PIG.
    just download and use such a skin and u'll have this fancy mini TV
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast