Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Ok here's a quick Newbie setup procedure for the VU+ Duo, hopefully should get you through the basic setup.

1. Unpack receiver
    2. Install SATA HDD if you've bought one to install.
    3. Choose your image and prepare on USB stick.
    4. If your using a motorised dish prepare yourself with your longitude and latitude from here http://www.dishpointer.com/
    5. Connect to TV etc..
    6. Follow USB flash guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ng-a-USB-stick
    7. Follow this install wizard on screen through choosing your resolution etc..For tuner setting see attached screenshots, set your own longitude and latitude. One screenshot if for fixed dish, other for motorised dish. Don't bother with scanning, select "no, manual scan later".

Fixed dish settings: -

Motorised dish settings, change longitude and latitude to suit your area: -

8. Once setup is complete transfer your bouquets to the VU+ Duo using dreamboxedit. Enigma 2 settings/bouquets can be found here for UK only and motorised http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings , choose which you want. I've attached a screenshot of the correct dreamboxedit settings, just change the IP to suit your receiver. This can be found in by Pressing Menu > Setup > System > Network.

8A. Once settings/bouquets have been transferred re-check your tuner setup, it sometimes changes.
    9. Once all the above is completed and your watching FTA channels, you will need to initialise the HDD is you installed one, press Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk.

The above should get you watching FTA channels.

Once the above has been done look around the menu's and ask your questions on the forum

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything lol! Post here if you feel something more should be added.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Adwardo (24-04-19),ahmed tabit (10-10-11),bassethound (19-01-12),bee9791 (23-08-12),BenGun (30-08-12),bigup7 (10-01-11),briace (02-02-11),cwebb66 (05-11-12),deltacharlie26 (18-11-10),Diablo13 (22-12-10),eddison (15-12-15),fouldup (31-07-13),happygus (21-07-15),ikram (24-01-12),MarsArtis (17-07-13),MGT (28-09-10),Mr. Mister (05-08-10),silverj (20-12-11),TheChairman1954 (02-10-12),tinbin300 (28-07-11),yvessr (12-11-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Re: Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Just added point 8A.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Hi sorry I'm new to this have completed up to and including 7. How do I transfer bouquet. I have scanned but only get a few uk channels ( no channel 4 or ITV2), i thought it would pick up all the freesat channels until I get sorted?
    What have I done/not done

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maverick120 For This Useful Post:

Dave B (25-10-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick120 View Post
    Hi sorry I'm new to this have completed up to and including 7. How do I transfer bouquet. I have scanned but only get a few uk channels ( no channel 4 or ITV2), i thought it would pick up all the freesat channels until I get sorted?
    What have I done/not done
    Dreamboxedit here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...oxEdit-3.0.0.0 Dreamboxedit manual here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...-How-to-manual

Read through this thread pay particular attention to post no. 11 http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...Satellite-List
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

fouldup (31-07-13),tinbin300 (28-07-11)

Title
    Thanks
    As OpenPLi updates everyday is there a way to update direct from the images without loosing my settings, or do i have to flash it everyday?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pege63 View Post
    As OpenPLi updates everyday is there a way to update direct from the images without loosing my settings, or do i have to flash it everyday?
    Blue button, software management > software update. Be carefull though, with some of the updates you could loose some of your settings. Also make sure the stable symbol is present on the openpli site
    Code:
    http://www.pli-images.org/
    @ Maverick, once you've read those please post your questions
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Diablo13 (22-12-10),tinbin300 (28-07-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Blue button, software management > software update. Be carefull though, with some of the updates you could loose some of your settings. Also make sure the stable symbol is present on the openpli site
    Code:
    http://www.pli-images.org/
    @ Maverick, once you've read those please post your questions
    Thanks Boss for your numerous posts and responses to everyone different issues.

I have a problem in that as simple as your guide looks it is not working for me.
    Maybe, I am missing some steps or maybe you assumed that most users are very familiar with set up from other STB so some steps are skipped.
    I have followed the step on how to format usb, create folder and create another folder within the folder. Extract the usb package into the folder and insert usb into STB.
    After doing all this the STB read the USB but did not upload any new image on my STB. It only wiped off my channel list setting it back to default.
    I have even extracted image into the first folder i.e. vuplus with the hope that the STB will upload the image from usb...still no luck.

I then tried the VU+utility software, this did not pass the stage after it asked me to turn on my STB. I turned the STB on but the software is not giving the option os setting up my IP even though ethernet cable and serial is well connected to the STB.

Pls is there a simpler step by step guide?
    Do anyone know if there is youtube link on how to do this?
    Do I omit anything in my steps?
    Is there another utility software like flashwizard or browser to flash the VU+?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    So can i see witch images looses the settings or its a Russian rulett?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pege63 View Post
    So can i see witch images looses the settings or its a Russian rulett?
    Most updates are fine, but theres been occasions when the kernal or something else major is updated and the receiver fails to boots after software update. Keep an eye on the changelog http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...nPLi-changelog
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Diablo13 (22-12-10),fishlos (02-09-10),tinbin300 (28-07-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    many thanks for the awesome instructions

Title
    Thanks
    I've disconnected my old receiver from the lnb-cable, and connected the duo on it. At the moment I did disconnect my old receiver the reception was fine. Unfortunately the vu+ is not able to 'see' the sat:"Tuner A:BCM7335DVB-52MM(internal)DVB-S not configured". How do you set up the tuners? At the tuner configuration, the vu+ gives message:"not connected".
    I do not understand this. Many thanks for your help. Kind regards.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    What is your dish setup? Fixed/Motor/Multi LNB ?
    The basics are below.

Menu>Setup>Service Searching>Tuner configuration>Tuner A
    Highlight Configuration mode and select simple using the left or right cursor keys (round the ok button) then setup the mode etc according to your dish setup

Also see the first post in this thread
    Last edited by Maxwell; 28-10-10 at 15:49.

Title
    Thanks
    For dummies er...I suppose that i'll be then lol

Title
    Thanks

problems with playing mp3 and video files from usb flash drives

Hi there - real newbie here! Just picked up my duo 3 days ago and have most features working well however I'm having some problems - it will recognise flashdrives but not always a usb hdd; plus when trying to play movie files, with mp4 and flv video Ok but no sound. With avi files, sound but no video. mp3 files no sound but wav fine. Just a bit confused as to why and what I could be doing wrong!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taihape View Post
    Hi there - real newbie here! Just picked up my duo 3 days ago and have most features working well however I'm having some problems - it will recognise flashdrives but not always a usb hdd; plus when trying to play movie files, with mp4 and flv video Ok but no sound. With avi files, sound but no video. mp3 files no sound but wav fine. Just a bit confused as to why and what I could be doing wrong!
    Start a topic, you will have more chance on getting a proper responce
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast