Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Ultimo stuck

Title
    Thanks

Question Ultimo stuck

Yesterday I updated to the new image 3.0xx and everything worked fine. Today I updated via the menu and after a restart the ultimo got stuck at the screen with the snow and the trees and is not moving at all. It is impossible to turn the ultimo off apart from the on/off button. I am not able to reflash:

- Using yesterdays USB stick nothing changed
    - Cannot switch off the ultimo with the RC
    - Switched off with the power button at the back.
    - Switched ON while holding the minus but nothing happened.
    - FTP still gives me the directory
    - Web interface is not working

I do not know how to reflash because I cannot switch the box off with the button in the front and apparently the ultimo does not run the flash if it is switched on at the back.

Any piece of advise is appreciated big time!

ESM
    When you want to reflash do not forget to push the minus button on the Ultimo when you have inserted the usb stick with the image on it and restarted the machine.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    There was a problem with the 282 build image which caused a bootloop. for now dont update the image past 268 / 275 until we post that the fix has been pushed to the feeds. ( may have been already as i'm at work and unable to check ).
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Download build 265 and reflash the box, there is a know issue with build 278 and luckily for you, the box has made a settings back up before it installed the updates so when it asks you to reinstall settings click yest and away you go.

Make sure when you flash only one USB stick is installed and DO NOT use the one you have settings backed up to.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks but I pushed the Minus button but still no results. After sometime (10-30) minutes I can turn it off via the RC but it restarts immediately. If I do that with the minus button pressed it just restarts.

- Removed all connectors
    - Removed HDD
    - Used yesterdays USB with no BU settings at all

Tried all kinds of ways to turn it off and on but no result.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlin63 View Post
    Thanks but I pushed the Minus button but still no results. After sometime (10-30) minutes I can turn it off via the RC but it restarts immediately. If I do that with the minus button pressed it just restarts.

- Removed all connectors
    - Removed HDD
    - Used yesterdays USB with no BU settings at all

Tried all kinds of ways to turn it off and on but no result.
    start from fresh and format the USB stick to FAT32.
    download the image file and extract the contents.
    copy the folder named vuplus from the archive you extracted directly to the USB stick will all it's contents.
    place the USB stick into any of the USB ports of the receiver and power the box on from the rear power switch.
    you should see a prompt to press the minus button press this ( the button on the front of the receiver it self ).

if all goes well you should see the progress of the image being flashed via the VFD of the receiver and once done it will automatically reboot, this should take around 5 minutes for a fresh flash.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the swift answers:

- Completely formatted the USB (FAT32)
    - Downloaded image 3.0268
    - Copied dir Vuplus to USB directly with all contents
    - Turned the Ultimo off and let it cool down for a minute
    - Put the USB in the front USB and powered the Ultimo without pressing the "-" button (NO RESULT)
    - Switched off. Put the USB in the back USB and powered the Ultimo without pressing the "-" button (GOT FLASHED)

THANKS for the support

Was not aware that there was a difference between the front and back USB

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the swift answers:

- Completely formatted the USB (FAT32)
    - Downloaded image 3.0268
    - Copied dir Vuplus to USB directly with all contents
    - Turned the Ultimo off and let it cool down for a minute
    - Put the USB in the front USB and powered the Ultimo without pressing the "-" button (NO RESULT)
    - Switched off. Put the USB in the back USB and powered the Ultimo without pressing the "-" button (GOT FLASHED)

THANKS for the support

Was not aware that there was a difference between the front and back USB
    There is no difference between the front and back USB ports at least none that i have ever encountered in the whole time i have had a Ultimo ( since just after launch ). as for not pressing the - button it should not be possible to flash a image without pressing this button as it's a safety feature to prevent accidentally flashing the box like you can with a Duo.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Well finally it worked for me with the back USB :-). Might be an option for anyone who has problems flashing the ultimo. The front USB worked well when I flashed for the first time (yesterday) but today none.

Now I can continue using this marvelous ViX image!!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well finally it worked for me with the back USB :-). Might be an option for anyone who has problems flashing the ultimo. The front USB worked well when I flashed for the first time (yesterday) but today none.

Now I can continue using this marvelous ViX image!!
    Well at least you now have a working image installed. Now I recommend that once you have the image just to your liking, you make a full set of backups.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

SIMPLES.