Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: "It doesn't take a genius"

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

"It doesn't take a genius"

Business Insider reports that Samsung is planning to run an ad in the newspapers tomorrow comparing Galaxy S III with iPhone 5, which was unveiled by Apple earlier in the week.

The newspaper ad with tag line "It doesn't take a genius" compares iPhone 5 specs and features with Samsung's Android-based Galaxy smartphone.

But as Steve Kovach of Business Insider points out, Samsung seems to have listed down software features such as ShareShot, tilt to zoom, shake to update etc. and conveniently left out iOS features.

Kovach says "it seems dishonest of Samsung to leave out a lot of great things the iPhone 5 can do." But it doesn't come as a surprise to us as it typically happens with a competitive chart that is not designed by a third-party.

Samsung is also shooting a commercial to poke fun at Apple fans, complete with a fake Apple Store featuring iOS devices and Macs.

if you cant see the picture let me know and i'll re-upload it.

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Yep, they forgot to mention ... iPhone5... Sold out, samsung copy available

Title
    Thanks
    Forgot also to mention apple locked down money making AppStore phone will be soon freely available as is only out and as Samsung galaxy s3 was sold out for 6weeks after launch while iPhone 4s was freely available. Your comparison seems very like samsungs one sided comparison ad above lol :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

4. The Following User Says Thank You to irishchris For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (16-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishchris View Post
    Forgot also to mention apple locked down money making AppStore phone will be soon freely available as is only out and as Samsung galaxy s3 was sold out for 6weeks after launch while iPhone 4s was freely available. Your comparison seems very like samsungs one sided comparison ad above lol :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I still use a Nokia phone, so I have no bias either way, but the US patent court documents show that Samsung only outsold the Iphone 4S (which was only an upgrade not a "new" phone in the last financial quarter.... which is not surprising with the Iphone 5 due.
    The documents also show that since April 2010 in the USA, Samsung sold 4.1m Galaxy S2 phones, out of a total of 21m sold to US mobile phone carriers. since April 2010. In the same period, Apple shipped a total of 62.8m iPhones (plus 34m iPads and 25.3m iPod Touch).
    Plus with Samsungs margins as a hardware only manufacturer being significantly smaller they need to be in the mass market, unlike Apple.