Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little help needed on 1st set up

Title
    Thanks
    No mate it doesn't reboot, it comes on the vfd shows- E some numbers change then boot and flashes purple around the on/off button, then openvix comes across the screen in black and white and vfd says giga, then the screen goes blank, the vfd counts up from 1 - 24 and gigablue teamred comes on vfd says 25 gigablue loading is now on screen, then continues after a few seconds to count up to 99 then the picture (bbc1) comes on the screen

Thanks for all your help so far, it must be stressing you out as much as it is me by now haha

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dikkidave View Post
    No mate it doesn't reboot, it comes on the vfd shows- E some numbers change then boot and flashes purple around the on/off button, then openvix comes across the screen in black and white and vfd says giga, then the screen goes blank, the vfd counts up from 1 - 24 and gigablue teamred comes on vfd says 25 gigablue loading is now on screen, then continues after a few seconds to count up to 99 then the picture (bbc1) comes on the screen

Thanks for all your help so far, it must be stressing you out as much as it is me by now haha
    Do this, flash new bootloader, when VFD says boot, power the unit off. Now flash the image, when VFD says 'conf', press OK to flash the image. Then just leave it to do its stuff and fully re-boot into VIX, be patient for it to boot.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Still no joy mate, looking like i'm stuck with what is on it at the moment and being thankfull that i at least have a picture. lol i tried to ftp the extraurl folder to it earlier the i can put stuff on to get my card working but even that failed. Just getting nowhere very fast, thanks for trying anyway mate.. I will keep going over the same stuff until something works or i ditch it and go back to an openbox lol

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Your doing something wrong, pure and simple.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Best thing to do.

Go have a cuppa, walk the dog ( or take him for a swim depending on what the weather is doing as it's pishing it down here ), kick the cat or what ever you need to do and come back later with a clear head and try again. you'd be amazed at what a fresh pair of eyes can do. plus it will stop you flinging the receiver out of the window in a fit of rage LOL.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

dikkidave (25-08-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Following all the instructions mate, the box doesn't reboot and it just continues to load, i've let it load to were it says done then turned box off iv'e let it load to where it says gaga turned off, i've let it load to were the screen goes off openvix before temred comes up... and put the gigablue folder on usb plug it back up, it loads exactly same all time, no reboot no conf on the lcd front panel. I give up lol

Title
    Thanks
    Is there something missing out of the openvix image file? i managed to flash it with teamred 1st atemp, tried openvix about 30 times but failed miserably everytime, now tried openmips and it has flashed 1st time..

i have noticed that both teamred and openmips have a burn.bat file in the image files, openvix does not, could this be my problem?

regards

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I think you are flashing the wrong bootloader for the ViX image, nothing wrong with the ViX image, like I said you are doing something wrong. Use the bootloader in Post 3 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...SE-Bootloaders
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem, been trying all day.
    new Bootloader on one formated usb stick.
    inserted, i get boot then USB, then Load then E000-E061 then P000 - P061, then Load.
    i have tried turning off at this point and also the next point which is GIGA.

I have on a second formated USB stick, the image.
    i have tried booting up with the folder SE which contains the 3 bin files and the other 2 files in the root directory of the USB stick.
    and i have tried with the 3 bin files and the 2 other files in the root directory of thr USB stick.

whichever way i do it i never see on the panel "conf" once.
    all i get is "boot" then "usb" and then "GIGA" after a long delay i get hdf which is my current image and then the usual number upto 91 the -E2-

i don't know what else to try.

could you at least tell me exactly which files of the new image should be in the root of the USB stick, i was thinking it may just need the rootfs.bin file.
    i have no idea.
    it says copy the file that extracts which is why i copy the file SE.
    Help, please as i have been waiting for the VIX image for ages.
    Alan

Title
    Thanks
    what a dumbass!! after writing all that, i just tried it with the Gigablue file in the root directory and bingo conf appeared. now loading.
    well i hope my mistake helps other who may be stuggling to install the image.
    as you say sometimes a simple tea break/ step back works a treat.
    Regards
    Alan

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alankezza For This Useful Post:

dikkidave (27-08-12)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alankezza View Post
    what a dumbass!! after writing all that, i just tried it with the Gigablue file in the root directory and bingo conf appeared. now loading.
    well i hope my mistake helps other who may be stuggling to install the image.
    as you say sometimes a simple tea break/ step back works a treat.
    Regards
    Alan
    Well if you read post 3 FULLY where the bootloader is you wouldn't have had an issue http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...SE-Bootloaders
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

dikkidave (27-08-12)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    You know that old adage measure twice cut once, read twice, flash once

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

dikkidave (27-08-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Just for future ref. should i of left the 1st set of files (burn.bat and cfe.bin) on the usb stick and just copy the gigablue folder onto the usb stick? As i kept deleting those files and just putting the gigablue folder alone on there..

I now have it up and running so i'm enjoying a few days rest lol I have openmips on it now but would like to go back to openvix when i get chance to play about with it again.

Also want to thank you for all the help you gave me.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Thats what we are here for, and we will always help as and when we can. at the moment though this being a relatively new receiver means that most of us dont have one and cant directly help as much as we would like to. that will change though as more and more users come along who have this box.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

dikkidave (27-08-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Just for future ref. should i of left the 1st set of files (burn.bat and cfe.bin) on the usb stick and just copy the gigablue folder onto the usb stick? As i kept deleting those files and just putting the gigablue folder alone on there..

I now have it up and running so i'm enjoying a few days rest lol I have openmips on it now but would like to go back to openvix when i get chance to play about with it again.

you can do it with one USB stick, but i have found that you must format with FAT32 before adding the Gigablue file, deleting the Boot files, sometimes leaves some data with will stop it loading.
    Thats why i use two clean USB sticks when updating just to save time.
    Mine is now all up and running.
    Thankyou the VIX team, its like having a new box all over again.
    Alan

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alankezza For This Useful Post:

dikkidave (27-08-12),Mr. Mister (27-08-12),Sicilian (27-08-12)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast