Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Best configuration for multi-lnb set up on ultimo?

Title
    Thanks

Best configuration for multi-lnb set up on ultimo?

I have just installed a fixed dish with four dual lnbs and 4 4/1 diseqc switches and I am able to receive 28e, 19e, 13e, and 1w. I intend conecting two lines to tuners B and C of my ultimo as i already have a motorised set up connected to tuner A. I would appreciate some help here on the best way to configure tuners B and C to receive all sats from the switch.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    if you mean connecting the 4 lnb,s to tuner B+C so long as they are quad or dual lnb,s, you simply set up the two tuners as Diasque A,B,C,D and asign each sat to the relivent lnb
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

3. The Following User Says Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

Alan Pee (18-08-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks man, I've done the configuration and its working fine but tuner A connected to motorized didn't work at first when I tried to change to Hispasat that is not on the multi set up,. It only started working when I started recording a channel on 28e and was able to change to Hispasat. I have the configuration on A as Simple>positioner>long&lat. If one has motorized on tuner and fixed multiple to B&C, does the motor not automatically kick in when you change to a sat that's not on the fixed and does it only start working when you are recording from the fixed? 2.) Ordinarily if one is watching the fixed can't the motor automaticaly kick in if you change to a sat. thats not on the fixed even if you are not recording. 3.? Is there a special configuration that switches between the motorized for runer A and the fixed multi-lnb for B&C.?

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    go setup,system,customize
    select preferred tuner, and change from auto to tuner B or C
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

6. The Following User Says Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

Alan Pee (19-08-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I couldn't find any option for preferred tuner on the customized intermediate or expert mode. I use black hole 176.

Title
    Thanks
    Is there a way to set preferred tuner in Blackhole image like in VIX?