Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MODIFIED - ViX Night HD Skin

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    obviously my fault as when i load this skin all is good. many thanks judge

Title
    Thanks
    hi....

Sorry if I'm being an idiot but how exactly do I get my skin to have the sky like blue colour scheme seen in the first post?

I tried the various skin.xml and skin_user files and I can see the font changes but no colour changes. Does this have to be done manually in the xml file?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    hi....

Sorry if I'm being an idiot but how exactly do I get my skin to have the sky like blue colour scheme seen in the first post?

I tried the various skin.xml and skin_user files and I can see the font changes but no colour changes. Does this have to be done manually in the xml file?
    i tried this once and the box just wouldnt restart so had to re flash.Step by step would be great,although this thread is quite old so dont know if this can still be done with the update vix.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly View Post
    i tried this once and the box just wouldnt restart so had to re flash.Step by step would be great,although this thread is quite old so dont know if this can still be done with the update vix.
    I think it can, I added the files with vix 3.0 and it seems to work, just the hex colour codes in the xml are the normal black / grey colour scheme:

<color name="infobar-frgrnd" value="#00b3b3b3" /> grey
    <color name="infobar-bkgrnd" value="#12151515" /> black

If I had the time I could fiddle with it and change the colours myself probably but if someone else has already done it.....

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    I just tested the above screen & it works as expected (shows time, snr & agc on first infobar), so not sure where you went wrong.
    Attached is full modified skin.xml with only the above screen changed.
    However as Rob has said, this is not the recommended way to do it as it will be overwritten on any updates.
    You should add the screen to a skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml file & update image paths to suit.

Attachment 19891

Also note, the above skin.xml is for the 318 build.
    I have a solo2 with vix 3.0 build 632 can i use this skin on this build.
    I have original vix night hd skin but i dont have snr or server info which is a shame since i love this skin. Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf786 View Post
    I have a solo2 with vix 3.0 build 632 can i use this skin on this build.
    I have original vix night hd skin but i dont have snr or server info which is a shame since i love this skin. Thanks
    I doubt it a there have been serious skin changes since this was done.
    It should be just as easy though to make the changes using the current default skin.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Smurf786 (19-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    I doubt it a there have been serious skin changes since this was done.
    It should be just as easy though to make the changes using the current default skin.
    Thanks for the quick response how can i add the the SNR and server info with ecm onto the default skin?? I'm sorry im a newbie when it comes to this.

Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf786 View Post
    Thanks for the quick response how can i add the the SNR and server info with ecm onto the default skin?? I'm sorry im a newbie when it comes to this.

Thanks
    It is included on the default skin, Menu -> Setup -> System -> User Interface -> Settings -> Show second infobar = No Timeout or number of seconds.
    It's shown then on second OK button press.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Smurf786 (20-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks judge that worked spot on. Just what I needed. Here I was thinking I needed to change the skin. Lol

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys, can someone please help me I'm desperate. Basically I'm on Vix 3.0 and all I want is a way to have my epg colours like the one on the first post of this thread? Is there any way to do this on Vix 3.0. I'm trying to follow through this thread but no luck. So can someone please create one with instructions for Vix 3.0? I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm sure many others would too.

Regards

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: MODIFIED - ViX Night HD Skin

Quote Originally Posted by entourage2111 View Post
    Hi guys, can someone please help me I'm desperate. Basically I'm on Vix 3.0 and all I want is a way to have my epg colours like the one on the first post of this thread? Is there any way to do this on Vix 3.0. I'm trying to follow through this thread but no luck. So can someone please create one with instructions for Vix 3.0? I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm sure many others would too.

Regards
    It tells you what to do in post #1.

Download the link then ftp the relevant files in to the correct folder paths.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Thanks
    Is there any chance of updating the standard ViX night HD skin to include the channel number on the info bar? Also is there anyway to get the channel number displayed on the front of the box as well liked it used to be?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: MODIFIED - ViX Night HD Skin

Quote Originally Posted by Ch4ni View Post
    Is there any chance of updating the standard ViX night HD skin to include the channel number on the info bar? Also is there anyway to get the channel number displayed on the front of the box as well liked it used to be?
    I use standard vix night skin and have both of these features already, on vix build 656 using lraizer auto bouquet plugin. So nothing has changed as far as I can see.

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyblueys View Post
    I use standard vix night skin and have both of these features already, on vix build 656 using lraizer auto bouquet plugin. So nothing has changed as far as I can see.

I am using build 658 and using the built-in auto bouquet maker from service searching menu and i do not get channel number displayed on the info bar or on LCD display of the vu+ Duo. Where can I get this lraizer that is able to display the channel numbers as well?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Displaying channelnumbers is done by the skin, not by a bouquet creator.
    At present I don't see any channelnumbers in the infobar using ViX-Night, but using Magic (HD etc) they are there.
    In the channellist channelnumber can be made visible via the context menu.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast