Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of PLI 30-08-2010 Image?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    It's not too far away, I think they're ironing out a small bug found in the PVR side of things.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    i'm considering this box [td800hd] to replace dm518s yes i agree its better than the clone s**t i have but is it better than others i have a vu so i go the best lol but at the price i cant afford another i want a good budget hd box nothing clone tho
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    The TM800HD is fine as a second receiver just for watching HD channels, dont expect it to be as customisable are you Duo. The other option is the Solo http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver Soon there will be ViX1.0 for the Solo
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK, So now i will throw a big spanner in the works and add the new and to be expected TM8000 is now out and at the same price!

Is the price because there is no support for this box, (I now love my TM800HD with a very stable image from 20/09/10.), All is very good with this image inc. the CCcam file.

So do i punt for a 8000 or get a duo (Expencive),,,,,,
    I would love to go for the Technomate but I am very sad that the internal card reader still not working? Has anyone gotit to work.

There is little piont in buying the TM8000HD as this has 2 internal card readers, Seems a bit of a wast of money if the 2 card readers don`t work?

TECHNOMATE SORT OUT THE 800HD CARD READER 1st then you may get some confidence in selling the 8000HD and a better price.

In this day and age i am disgusted in the way Technomate have gone about selling the 800hd un finished product and have the guts to try to flog us what says on the box, what it may do some day and not what is says on the tin!

The newer improved 8000HD must improve on the 800`s lack of image updates for me to get my confidence back in Technomate.

(10 year long fan of this much loved STB brand).
    "Technomate, Please don`t leave us in this situation again"
    Last edited by reddishd; 31-10-10 at 00:21.
    Technomate TM-800HD Beta tester. TM 6900 HD, TM5400CI+ super, ClearOS servers, smargo+ x5,Spiderbox 9000hd, spiderbox 5000sd, Openbox s9HD, Sky HD multiroom full sub.
    Dishes, Main dish is 1.2m Triax, 1.1m prime focus, 80cm moterised, & zone2 sky dish.
    Cams and cards are, Diablo 2.3 & diblo wifi, Dragoncam v2, Gamma,Titanium 1,2, Canal digital,DigitALB, JSC 1-10, Nova Gr, many ice scrapers & old cams.
    Loads of other satellite kit.
    Satellite ark is 45w - 36e.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    TM8000HD is a "patch" based receiver, not "team-firmware" (generic Linux), correct me if I'm wrong?
    Southern hemisphere, LNB1: 68.5E, LNB2: 15.8E, LNB3: 36.0E, 2x 4way Diseqc switches
    Dsq1: TM9100 (DS4.4 20100922) loopback to "Victory" (FTA receiver)
    Dsq2: TM800HD (UR1.0 20101028 Beta)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fdlsys View Post
    TM8000HD is a "patch" based receiver, not "team-firmware" (generic Linux), correct me if I'm wrong?
    Thats is 100% correct, its non-linux.

@reddishd check out our sponsor if you decide to got a Duo
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Thats is 100% correct, its non-linux.

i hate to contradict you mate but the TM800HD is a linux box running a E2 based image. the TM 500 and TM 600 receivers use a E1 image.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    i hate to contradict you mate but the TM800HD is a linux box running a E2 based image. the TM 500 and TM 600 receivers use a E1 image.
    I'm reffering to post 19, TM8000

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-8000-HD-COMBO
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

reddishd (02-11-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for pointing the out Silican. I have just presumed that the 8000hd was a dule tuner version of the 800hd.
    That make my choice of next buy defenatly the VU+ Duo for sure. I have read great things about this receiver and it looks like the support team have got there eye on the ball.
    Thanks.
    Technomate TM-800HD Beta tester. TM 6900 HD, TM5400CI+ super, ClearOS servers, smargo+ x5,Spiderbox 9000hd, spiderbox 5000sd, Openbox s9HD, Sky HD multiroom full sub.
    Dishes, Main dish is 1.2m Triax, 1.1m prime focus, 80cm moterised, & zone2 sky dish.
    Cams and cards are, Diablo 2.3 & diblo wifi, Dragoncam v2, Gamma,Titanium 1,2, Canal digital,DigitALB, JSC 1-10, Nova Gr, many ice scrapers & old cams.
    Loads of other satellite kit.
    Satellite ark is 45w - 36e.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reddishd For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-11-10),Sicilian (05-11-10)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12