Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Media Player on the TM800 Is Crap

Title
    Thanks

Media Player on the TM800 Is Crap

The media player on the tm800 is sh**e you can only play one file at a time, and the media player which you select when pressing the media button shows a playlist which is no good because it does not play one song after the other you have to select it manually it's no different then playing from the list button how can this be a media player? Have to look at the code and see If I can fix this and suggestions? I tried to install merlin music player but all it does gives green screens. Any feedback would be great thanks!!! simon
    TM800 HD
    Lidl Silvercrest Camping System (Bought in 2007)
    Original STAB Motor
    Fortec Star 85cm Dish
    Ferguson Ariva 150 Combo
    Ross HD Portable Satellite Kit (Aldi)

digidude
    a LOT of the plugins available, like merlins, latest cooltv guide, and many more, wont work on the tm800, due to different file and library locations, driver problems, LS and mapping issues, but mainly, due to a old version of python which cannot be updated (or i dont know how to update it)

a lot of people, coolman especially, release only compiles python versions of their plugins, this means they will ONLY run with the version of python they were compiled with, its for this reason that the latest cooltv guide that wil work on the 800 is v2.2.2

'we' were told that the tm800 would be sorted out when the twin final image was released on march 15th, and the final 800 image would be released within 21 days. william hill refused to give me ANY odds to gamble on the date being missed as they KNEW they would have to pay out

i doubt the tm800 will be 'fixed' in some form by xmas, 2013, if at all

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

simon4545 (08-06-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi digidude I managed to get merlin music player with merlin idream working on my TM800 now, after I remapped the inside-disk to HDD, It play's my music fine but I still have to select one track at a time even when I have a playlist there! The other problem is that you have to select hardware mp3 playback, software playback does not work and all it does is give me a green screen. I also tried yamp music player, managed to get this working doesn't seem to be much different than the built in "media player" I had to install python twisted to get it going, (quite a lot of files to install!). Still, has the same problem with having to select one mp3 at a time. I was thinking, I don't think it's any of the media player's problems but with the built in hardware mp3 decoder. Are there any software mp3 decoder's out there which can be used instead pref. an ipk to install.

Best Of Luck!
    Simon
    TM800 HD
    Lidl Silvercrest Camping System (Bought in 2007)
    Original STAB Motor
    Fortec Star 85cm Dish
    Ferguson Ariva 150 Combo
    Ross HD Portable Satellite Kit (Aldi)