Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: BBC on 27.5

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts

BBC on 27.5

Hi,
    is it possible to receive BBC on 27.5w with itīs hight sample rate of 44.100 with any VU+ receiver? Has anybody tried?

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    There is a huge thread ( 25 pages long the last time i looked ) about this on another forum, any way the general consensus is no but if you want i can pm you the link so you can read it for your self if you like.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    thank you but the short answer no is enough for me. I did not ask for me. I ask for a guy on a German board and I thought that here are the BBC experts:-)

ciao
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeah no problem mate, Huevos would be able to give a more in-depth answer as he is one of the active participants in that thread, if your friend is curious that is.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I wouldnīt call him a friend. I just wanted to try to help. With 27.5w I think he must be somewhere in America.

ciao
    ---

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    There is a huge thread ( 25 pages long the last time i looked ) about this on another forum, any way the general consensus is no but if you want i can pm you the link so you can read it for your self if you like.
    Can you give me the link please

What is the max and min sample rate that can work the uno?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900 View Post
    Can you give me the link please

What is the max and min sample rate that can work the uno?
    PM'd you the link. if you read the thread ( all of it ) you will have a better understanding of whats happening and why.

SIMPLES.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

cbr900 (06-06-12)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    is it possible to receive BBC on 27.5w with itīs hight sample rate of 44.100 with any VU+ receiver?
    The symbol rate is not the problem. I could receive it fine late last year when the transponder was open for a few days. It is some problem with the channels not appearing in the PID table or something like that. Anyway the bottom line is it is no problem to receive those channels with a tuner card but not possible with an E2 receiver.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (06-06-12),Sicilian (06-06-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kemestri View Post
    Hi Huevos, i am also interested in receiving these chanels. what do you mean by a tuner card? is this something i can add to my uno or a seperate receiver.
    I can receive them ok with a technomate tm4202 but as i bought a vu uno i would much prefer to use that.
    By tuner card he means a PC satellite tuner card. as pointed out it's not currently possible with Enigma 2 based receivers to receive these channels, thats why the TM is working as it's not Enigma 2 based.

SIMPLES.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post: