Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: spider box possible new user !!!

Title
    Thanks

Question spider box possible new user !!!

recently hear about spider boxes are they as good as some say ?, i have motorised dish are they ok to be used on it ??
    thanks
    bob

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Yes for the money they're a great receiver, one to remember though, the gift IS A gift

Another receiver to consider is the VU+ Solo, slightly more expensive but more user friendly, customisable http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Thanks
    hi lupsetlad

had a spiderbox for a few weeks now and have been very pleased with it. i have had a few teething probs with i though but i think that is to do with me more than the box. you wont be disapointed when it's up an runnin. i am new to all this like you and the spiderbox isn't all that difficult to understand.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to elnino9 For This Useful Post:

chris-k (03-10-10)

Title
    Thanks
    hi there ,i am new here and I have spider box .it was working till i change the internet provider,now i have problems ,which i don't understand how it works . it shows network,but when i watch digitalb or tring it says invalid key. anyone can help me!!! many thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    try and reboot both box and router...
    you changed internet provider,,,do you use auto ip???

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chris-k For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Hi new to the forum, i had/have a technomate 1500ci running off 1m motrorised sytem everything was fine untill Nagrovision 3 came along and like many i lost almost everything, i have been reading some great revies about the spiderbook 9000 hd, with the gift, is it just a cast of replaceing my technomate 1500 with a spiderbox in otherwords just plug and go or is it complacted, thanks in advance for any help

Title
    Thanks
    hi spanner welcome to the forum. these boxes are great but just one small thing the spiderbox needs an ethernet connection to work uther than that it is more or less stright forward. i'mm having a few teething probs with mine but that is more to do with dish alignment rather than the spider box.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    on board spanner

i am sure our sponsor will be more than happy giving a hand
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the welcome, my router is only feet from my tv so a short ethernet cable will be fine, what i cant find or understand is, with the technomate i had to downloader a uperloader and then download the latestest software unzip/rar it and then transfer it to to the technomate box, is this the same with the spiderbox, if so where do i download the upload and software from, also do i then have to transfer it to usb memory stick and then transfer it to the spiderbox, so to seem so thick

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    easier with spider
    only download from here maybe(http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/foru...Downloads-only
    what you want patch/softcam/channellist´s to your pc,
    extract file first, then put it on fat32 formatted usb stick.
    put usb stick in spiderbox,,go to usb menu and find the extracted file then simply click ok on it with remote.

for patches follow instructions when updating,,
    for softcamfiles go to key edit and turn ucas to on,,
    for channellists dont forget to change to your lat/long as they are set to the one who made it.
    good luck
    chris-k
    Last edited by chris-k; 17-10-10 at 17:27.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chris-k For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (18-10-10)