Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest VIX Release Issues

Title
    Thanks

Latest VIX Release Issues

Am I missing a trick as when downloading enigma plugin settings all satellite plug-ins fail to download consequently I have no bouquets!! Looked for OPKG update but cannot find it. What do I do?
    Frankblueking
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    'Latest ViX Image': which version is that?
    You could try in telnet 'opkgupdate' and see what happens when you try to download after that.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks your message. The latest VIX Image version I downloaded is 2.4.96. It has been a nightmare trying to work my way through the process.
    I found the TELNET section and typed in OPKG but not clear how to update. I would greatly appreciate a step by step guide for idiots on how to proceed.
    Frustrated but not yet beaten!!!
    Frankblueking
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    just type 'opkgupdate' (exactly as I wrote it here), and try to download the settings afterwards (via the menu).

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    just type 'opkgupdate' (exactly as I wrote it here), and try to download the settings afterwards (via the menu).
    It's actually "opkg update" (note the space between the two Without the space will give a command not found response.

Since you are on build 96, you might want to upgrade the image. Easiest way is to go to vix menu (Blue button -> ViX), choose software update. Alternatively, you can do it in telnet using "opkg update && opkg upgrade". Current latest build is 2.4 119, so you are a few builds behind
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Hi I typed 'opkgupdate' into the command line but it tells me it is not found. Do you mean try to download Silverfox even though it 'opkgupdate' was not found?
    Frankblueking

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    it is called "opkg update" with a space and without hyphen. It is easier with the vix panel and choosing online-update. I think silverfox settings are not on the feed anymore.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    It's actually "opkg update" (note the space between the two Without the space will give a command not found response.

Since you are on build 96, you might want to upgrade the image. Easiest way is to go to vix menu (Blue button -> ViX), choose software update. Alternatively, you can do it in telnet using "opkg update && opkg upgrade". Current latest build is 2.4 119, so you are a few builds behind
    Thanks again for your message. I have now updated the software to v.119 although not sure if it installed, where do I check? Tried again 'opkg update' but still not found!! Any further advice?
    Frankblueking

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    Thanks again for your message. I have now updated the software to v.119 although not sure if it installed, where do I check? Tried again 'opkg update' but still not found!! Any further advice?
    Frankblueking
    To check what version you are running, go to Menu -> Information -> About, and it will tell you.

If it is indeed the silverfox bouquets, then they are no longer in the online feeds as Trial stated above...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Thanks
    Frankblueking
    Hi Guys
    Several problems now found, I hope you can understand what it means. I have now managed to get Telnet to find the command opkg "update" (note the placing of inverted commas!!) but it fails to update. It gives error 255. (?) I then tried opkg "update && opkg upgrade" (not sure where inverted commas belong!) It also fails to load but does find the command. (as per previous) I tried updating to v.119 using the Vu menu but that also fails to update so I am stuck on version 96. On trying to download Silverfox0786.28e.and.uk.dtt.hd.swap (20120301-f2 it still fails!! the place this adventure started. I asked a friend on v.2.3 to do the opkg update and it worked fine for him so suspect it is some thing related to v2.4. Can you help before I surrender and go back to version 2.3?
    Frankblueking

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Guys
    Several problems now found, I hope you can understand what it means. I have now managed to get Telnet to find the command opkg "update" (note the placing of inverted commas!!) but it fails to update. It gives error 255. (?) I then tried opkg "update && opkg upgrade" (not sure where inverted commas belong!) It also fails to load but does find the command. (as per previous) I tried updating to v.119 using the Vu menu but that also fails to update so I am stuck on version 96. On trying to download Silverfox0786.28e.and.uk.dtt.hd.swap (20120301-f2 it still fails!! the place this adventure started. I asked a friend on v.2.3 to do the opkg update and it worked fine for him so suspect it is some thing related to v2.4. Can you help before I surrender and go back to version 2.3?
    Frankblueking
    There should be no inverted commas. They are there to show the seperation of the command from written text. So, you should write either opkg update && opkg upgrade (now italicised so you can tell the difference, without any commas or anything...

After trying this, please post back...

After doing this, it should show in the plugins that the silverfox channels are no longer available...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    opkg "update && opkg upgrade" (not sure where inverted commas belong!)
    nowhere. The command is:
    opkg update && opkg upgrade
    and if it fails the feeds might me in maintenance mode.

On trying to download Silverfox
    I told you no more Silverfox anymore.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorry about my mistake; must have been too early.
    It is indeed
    Code:
    opkg update
    and
    Code:
    opkg update && opkg upgrade

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    There should be no inverted commas. They are there to show the seperation of the command from written text. So, you should write either opkg update && opkg upgrade (now italicised so you can tell the difference, without any commas or anything...

After trying this, please post back...

After doing this, it should show in the plugins that the silverfox channels are no longer available...
    Hi and thanks for comments. I have now removed all inverted commas and the result is exactly the same as with the inverted commas, error

255. If Silverfox are not available which plugin is to be used to get bouquets? Apologies if I am being slow!!!
    Blueking

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi and thanks for comments. I have now removed all inverted commas and the result is exactly the same as with the inverted commas, error

255. If Silverfox are not available which plugin is to be used to get bouquets? Apologies if I am being slow!!!
    Blueking
    Please post all text from the error log, or do a print screen and upload attachment, so that we can see what the error is saying...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast