Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ultimo owner to be

parkher
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Just clarify... You have a fixed universal linear LNB in the breach of a USALS controlled dish, and on the same dish you have a second LNB for circular polarisation in offset configuration. Is that correct? This is more or less how I have my C-band LNBs set up. If you are having trouble configuring this I can run you through it.

On the DiSEqC 1.0 switch. Inputs 1-16 in the tuner menu are for DiSEqC 1.1 uncommitted switches. Committed AA, AB, BA, & BB correspond to ports 1-4 on your DiSEqC 1.0 switch. For use with a positioner set DiSEqC mode to 1.2.
    Yes, exactly.
    Thanks. It was a little bit confusing because inputs 1-16 are listed among committed as well.
    Committed AB worked fine. Now I even managed to find such coordinates for this lnb that USALS can be used with it too.

parkher
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post

Yes, but is ready in a split second.
    Yes, I know. I flashed bootloaders to a couple of ET9000s
    Still, I used an UPS both for the PC and for the satellite receiver.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by parkher View Post
    I even managed to find such coordinates for this lnb that USALS can be used with it too.
    To set the offset LNB you want it as close to the central LNB as possible, and when the dish is facing due south you want it at the same height as the central LNB. Compensate using your USALS longitude.

parkher
    OK, so I flashed to Duo the bootloader and the newest ViX image - build 2.4.134
    Unfortunately, enigma crashes every time while in the first-time wizard, or even if I exit it.
    Depending on my actions, different crashes.

So I then flashed 2.4.96 - this one loads ok.
    I had some issue with HDMI not visible from TV, but then it showed up somehow.

The good:

1. Duo no longer accepts code 2 from the Ultimo remote - the issue solved.
    2. Duo now records to the hard drive Eurosport 2 HD with 11 audio tracks, previously it did not.

The bad:

For some weird reason, samba not installed and running, so the first thing I needed was to install samba.
    Unfortunately, I get message that the feeds are temporarily down, and then, even without any response from me, the message is changed to this one:
    "Please wait whilst feeds state is checked."
    And this message stays forever, the only way to get rid of it: to switch off and reboot Duo.
    So I don't have samba that I badly need, and each attempt to install it leads to hanging Duo.

Where can I get samba and install it manually?
    Maybe from Ultimo where it is already downloaded and installed. But that might be pretty tricky.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by parkher View Post
    OK, so I flashed to Duo the bootloader and the newest ViX image - build 2.4.134
    Unfortunately, enigma crashes every time while in the first-time wizard, or even if I exit it.
    Depending on my actions, different crashes.

So I then flashed 2.4.96 - this one loads ok.
    I had some issue with HDMI not visible from TV, but then it showed up somehow.

The good:

1. Duo no longer accepts code 2 from the Ultimo remote - the issue solved.
    2. Duo now records to the hard drive Eurosport 2 HD with 11 audio tracks, previously it did not.

The bad:

For some weird reason, samba not installed and running, so the first thing I needed was to install samba.
    Unfortunately, I get message that the feeds are temporarily down, and then, even without any response from me, the message is changed to this one:
    "Please wait whilst feeds state is checked."
    And this message stays forever, the only way to get rid of it: to switch off and reboot Duo.
    So I don't have samba that I badly need, and each attempt to install it leads to hanging Duo.

Where can I get samba and install it manually?
    Maybe from Ultimo where it is already downloaded and installed. But that might be pretty tricky.
    2.4-134 is unstable but you can flash to 2.4.132 as that was the last stable release, as for samba the feeds are currently down while updates are uploaded they should not be down long.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

parkher
    I think I will try updating to 132 online, then.
    I have mgcamd already installed and working etc.

But it is wrong that when feeds are down that checking for feed status message locks out the receiver completely. At least it could react to the Exit button.

I have another issue with ViX:

I have two TVs connected to Duo, the 2nd one - through component (YPbPr). And the output chosen - HDMI.
    So with the old PLi everything was fine. Now with ViX, during loading of enigma, the colors on the component output initially are fine, then get distorted - become redish, and then get back to normal again. But not always, sometimes they stay red. If I select YPbPr from the video menu, then the colors become normal and stay normal even after switching to HDMI again.
    So it is a workaround for such cases, I guess.

As to that "protection" red light issue with Duo - anybody else encountered this problem?
    Sometimes after that enforced pause when Duo is switched off, there are some sounds for a while after switching it on - I assume from the hard drive - but not always.
    I haven't tried yet to disconnect the hard drive and see if then Duo boots at once.
    What does this red light at the left upper corner of the display indicate?
    Normally it is out. It lights up only at the initial stages of booting.
    I get either the red light and nothing else (if waited not long enough), or the red light and "starting" - in that case Duo boots and the red light goes off at some point.
    Last edited by parkher; 25-05-12 at 21:10.

parkher
    Build 135 showed up. Thanks.
    I made the online update.

The problem with the component output remains - after reboot, the picture becomes purple. And menu does not fit to screen. After switching to YPbPr and back to HDMI again - both issues corrected.

Also another problem I have: mgcamd is not started after reboot, even though the green V was set.
    After reboot it is not active and the V is also missing.
    Manual start is needed.
    It happens every time after reboot.

UPDATE:

I have to correct some things I wrote above:

Until now, I never had a normal reboot, only after crashes or after the online update.
    Now I put the receiver into deep standby by remote, to test if I can bring it back - no, I cannot.
    I needed to switch it off at the back for a while, only after that it agreed to start.
    But disconnecting of the power cable was not needed.
    So there is something wrong with my Duo. It may be related to the hard drive, as I heard some sounds and then - nothing.
    And this issue developed later, I did not notice anything like that when Duo was new.

Anyway, after going to deep standby, switching off and booting - everything is ok, mgcamd is running and there was no purple colour through the component output.
    And I installed samba, working ok. So this issue with hanging while checking for samba became somewhat mute.
    Last edited by parkher; 25-05-12 at 22:17.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345