Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with my new box Ultimo

mysteriousMan

Need help with my new box Ultimo

Hey Morning All,

i'm new to this forum and must say how interesting this forum is. So much info and help for satellite boxes. I had to join Anyways Hi All.

So let me start with the problem i have:

i got this box last week and decided to set it up this morning. Reading, googling, i think i got a rough idea of how to set this up.

The box came with Vix 2.3 build 204 (thanks to W.O.S). So the first thing i did was install a hard drive then started the box followed the wizard. Box's DHCP activated and my boxed picked up a IP successfully. What i did next was install the mgCamd 1.38 which i downloaded, installed, started and enabled on startup successfully. My next step was adding a bouquet to the box. I used the DBE software and installed the bouquet from digitalworldz (RATs). RESTARTED box and set up both of the tuners, tuner A and tuner B, to the following settings:

single,
    simple,
    Astra 1n/2q/2b/2d/eurobird 1 28.2
    No

Did an automatic channel, clear before scan set to N0. It found over 1000 channels. This is where the problem occurs, after this when i go back to the bouquet to view any channel, i get N/A as a name for every single channel. I get a message on the screen ''service not available, check tuner configuration'.

what am i doing wrong? Surely i've not missed anything? Know for a fact that the cables are not faulty becuase ive tested a DUO and works perfectly fine.

More info, Satfinder gives me really good stats for Astra 1n/2q/2b/2d/eurobird 1 28.2 only when i click on it.

what holes do the coaxial cables go into? maybe ive put the cables in wrong.

Need your help.

many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Press down arrow on remote, instead or pressing blue button press red button, should bring up all scanned channels, sroll down it to see if you get a picture display, if so the bouquet you have installed is either old/faulty etc, download the latest bouquet from the forum, overwrite the one installed just now.
    HTH

mysteriousMan
    pretty sure ive done that still no picture and get the same message.

i downloaded the latest bouquet from Digitalworldz same one running on the DUO i tested and works fine on the DUO. I still get the same message: 'service unavailable, check tuner configuration'

Title
    Thanks
    Download silver foxes bouquet from here m8, see if that works.
    What happens when you go into last TV channels scanned, does it show a picture ?

mysteriousMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dell_XPS View Post
    Download silver foxes bouquet from here m8, see if that works.
    What happens when you go into last TV channels scanned, does it show a picture ?
    ive tried SGTFLipflop still the same thing, not checked the last tv channels scanned

Title
    Thanks
    are you putting the sat.xml file in tuxbox also when transferring across the bouquets ?, just saves you scanning the channels every time you do a fresh install.
    Have you initialised the hard drive also ?
    And if i do a scan with the tuners I always clear before scan, so that would be YES.
    Last edited by Dell_XPS; 17-05-12 at 10:28.

mysteriousMan
    are you putting the sat.xml file in tuxbox also when transferring across the bouquets ?, just saves you scanning the channels every time you do a fresh install.
    Have you initialised the hard drive also ?
    And if i do a scan with the tuners I always clear before scan, so that would be YES.
    dell_xps,

no i wasnt. where do i locate the sat.xml file from? is this created when i run the scan for the very time?

ive initialised the hard also. Also through the box how do i format the HDD?

Title
    Thanks
    once initialised it's formatted to the correct format :-), in the bouquets you download there is a file in it called satellite.xml, copy and paste that into etc/tuxbox, overwrite the file thats there.

mysteriousMan
    once initialised it's formatted to the correct format :-), in the bouquets you download there is a file in it called satellite.xml, copy and paste that into etc/tuxbox, overwrite the file thats there.
    oh cool thanks Dell_XPS,

can you please post me the link for silverfoxes bouquet, theres a few but not sure which one i need for 28.2e Eurobird?

what are your tuner settings?

Title
    Thanks
    Just look for the latest ones m8, think there dated the 5th of this month, cant post a live link :-(, are you using your receiver to view Sly channels ?

mysteriousMan
    Just look for the latest ones m8, think there dated the 5th of this month, cant post a live link :-(, are you using your receiver to view Sly channels ?
    yes using receiver to view sly channels.. what are your tuner settings, ill try replicate them on my box

mysteriousMan
    Dell_XPS, when you set up your ultimo, whats step did you take? can you please let me know to see if im doing something wrong

Title
    Thanks
    Tuner A is set up the same as tuner B and C m8, simple, both set to Astra 28.2, port a & b I think it is, leave the bottom 2 settings at default.Anything else is left at default, I have a static dish, so might be different for a motorised dish m8.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    What software are you using to transfer the bouquets ?
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

mysteriousMan
    Tuner A is set up the same as tuner B and C m8, simple, both set to Astra 28.2, port a & b I think it is, leave the bottom 2 settings at default.Anything else is left at default, I have a static dish, so might be different for a motorised dish m8.
    i have a static dish too. I'm pretty sure i have only two tuners, tuner A and tuner B

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast