Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Solo? Try this, could revive your Solo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A mate's new Vu+ Duo with OpenPli preinstalled got bricked after an online update of OpenPli. Nothing helps to revive the box, remains stalled at starting.... Looking at different options to cure this since nothing of the traditional approaches seems to work.
    Vu+ Duo with VTI (latest) ° Vu+ Ultimo with ViX (latest) * Wavefrontier 90 * Quad LNB's

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WOIIFTM View Post
    A mate's new Vu+ Duo with OpenPli preinstalled got bricked after an online update of OpenPli. Nothing helps to revive the box, remains stalled at starting.... Looking at different options to cure this since nothing of the traditional approaches seems to work.
    You mates box was prolly a clone if its bricked after an update..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Maybe, but there are other people having the same issue on older boxes, those from a clone-free time. The box in question was returned to the seller but this still leaves me wondering if a similar approach but perhaps with different parameters would work to revive a dead Duo.

I already had to revive my Duo (100% not a clone) from a only-red-light-in-display situation by replacing an Elco on the motherboard. Without getting a vital hint online, the box would either have been binned or send for (expensive) repairs. Now it took me an hour and about 50 euro cent for the Elco.
    Vu+ Duo with VTI (latest) ° Vu+ Ultimo with ViX (latest) * Wavefrontier 90 * Quad LNB's

Title
    Thanks
    does anybody know if a fix has been discovered for the duo.mine after being turned off will no longer start.it doesnt begin to boot then hang,just red light.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    if you have a duo, please post in the correct section, and obviously start a new thread, even if you have a solo, its best to start your own thread

the reason is, other peoples threads are dedicated to them to solve there problem, your problem although simular, is,nt likely to be the same problem, this will lead to confusion

thank you
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    if you have a duo, please post in the correct section, and obviously start a new thread, even if you have a solo, its best to start your own thread

the reason is, other peoples threads are dedicated to them to solve there problem, your problem although simular, is,nt likely to be the same problem, this will lead to confusion

thank you
    apologies....
    i just thought as the thread had deviated from its original subject already,and a moderator had made constructive comments on the new subject,this being a sticky may have helped me .
    will start a new thread shortly

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    apologies....
    i just thought as the thread had deviated from its original subject already,and a moderator had made constructive comments on the new subject,this being a sticky may have helped me .
    will start a new thread shortly
    you are correct, in that the orig post has deviated, ( I had not read the entire thread ) but you have a duo, which is what alerted me to your post, and my reply was,nt a reprimand, just advice,
    any way, hopefully, we can assist you in your new thread
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    Can you tell me what tools you used? thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    HI.
    I have problem with my vu solo. I used wrong flash file (duo_cfe_3_0_usb) for my VU+ SOLO. Now I not able to use correct reflash cfe_solo_2.0.zip. My VU+ SOLO not able to read USB during start. I tried connect via serial port, but its not work. Led on front panel is red. Have a some idea or I have to put it into trash. :-) Thaks

Title
    Thanks
    hi wazza_2
    That's a brilliant guide for box recovery, im not to bad with dcc, but putty is a grey area for me
    can you give me a idea how I access it ??
    If its not broken don't attempt to fix it, it could get alot worse "

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, im trying to update a friends vu solo, and keep getting this problem at the end

Code: (Bad address in epc)

---[ end trace 1f1700f1b0bbd05e ]---
    Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt
    Rebooting in 180 seconds..

Title
    Thanks
    I hope some body will come to help.

Title
    Thanks
    I tried the fix on the first page of the thread which worked for me once but the box reverted back to red light and unresponsive after a day or so. Now I cannot connect via serial, I get this or similar every time I start the box:

BCM73250010
    0▒▒b
    K1
    K2

K3

K4
    It seems like the bootloader(?) is being corrupted or something along those lines. Is it possible the flash memory is done for? Does anyone have any ideas, or should I just give up on it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12