Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Monoblock and single feed to Uno..is it possible?

Title
    Thanks

Monoblock and single feed to Uno..is it possible?

Hi ..ask the experts time!
    I have a monoblock on 19 and 13 E compled with a sky dish, so two sat cales coming in.
    What set up of switches do i need to enable the this to connect up to feed my Uno single tuner, if its possible at all?

Should really have gone for a duo to make life easier but.................

Thanks for any advice.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    is it a twin monoblock? A real monoblock has a build in switch and each cable contains all information so you only have to connect one cable to your uno and should be able to use it. Most monoblocks need to be setup as simple and 13e first (A) and then 19E (B).

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Trial,
    monoblock on 19 and 13 single feed to ..currently Protek box set up with diseqc so switches feed automatically. Seperate 28 e dish single feed. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by 13013; 16-05-12 at 17:15.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    OK that makes sense. Sorry I cannot help there because you have a switch after a switch. For me to complicated:-)

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Easiest way is take the monoblock off and replace with separate LNBs. If you must use the monoblock you are either going to need a special DiSEqC switch or you are going to need to solder a bridge between ports 1 and 2 inside the DiSEqC switch. Or I guess you could use a splitter/combiner to join ports 1 and 2 externally. Anyway once ports 1 and 2 are joined attach your monoblock cable to port 1 or port 2 and your 28E cable to port 3 or port 4. Then set DiSEqC repeats to "one".

The other way is buy an uncommitted DiSEqC switch (for example a Spaun SUR 211). In the tuner menu (set up DiSEqC mode 1.1) the inputs 1 & 2 uncommitted correspond to the the Spaun switch, and the inputs "AA" & "AB" correspond with the monoblock.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info. Bought two icecrypts and a triax db 6degree plus 4to1 diseqc last week. Just gotta get someone to go up to fit (lucklily the holder just clips on) and adjust the dish for offset. Bit of cable sorting and should be ok. Anyone know a fitter in the NW around Blackburn/Burnley? Longshot... thanks for the advice