Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Interested in VU

Title
    Thanks

Interested in VU

http://www.***********.co.uk/product...-Receiver.html

I am planning to purchase this box around August. Vermin got their marching orders to-day. I choose the above unit because it is £40 cheaper than the one below. The only difference being the dearer one has ********* i don't know the advantage of having this as i don't really anything about it, can anyone explain in lay mans terms if its an advantage. Can any of you, who have this unit recommend it? I also came across a thing called black hole , whats that about? I'm not that into the where's and why for, i just want something that is reliable and won't spoil my viewing. Hope you can help me.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIES

http://www.***********.co.uk/product...-Receiver.html

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    First of all, please do not post live links on the forum, ( even though edited ) ********* is a sat shop, in the north west, and again, as this forum is sponcered by World of satellite, again, please no mention of them or links

Blackhole is an operating system of linux based units, ( a bit like windows on a comp ), Vix is another such system, in all cases, known as "the image" which basicly gives you simple control of the unit, images though are often dedcated to a certain unit, ie, VU+ Duo, which might not work on say a Dreambox, ET9000 some units are dual, others single, or even triple or quad recievers, reading your post, I surgest you have a good read up on your choosen unit, as they are not that simple to those that have no experience
    how ever, its well worth the learning curve
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (10-05-12),Sicilian (10-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry wasn't aware they were links thought they were types of software or programs , really interested doesn't mean I'll be any the wiser. So hope i can pickle your heads with daft questions (if there is such a thing. Thanks for your reply .

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 3,277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clem58 View Post
    Sorry wasn't aware they were links thought they were types of software or programs
    He is talking about the links you posted to an external website. Posting live external links is not allowed. Please read the forum rules.

4. No links are to be posted to other commercial satellite retailers other than our site sponsors.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (11-05-12),Rob van der Does (11-05-12),Sicilian (11-05-12)