Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tm 6900 hd super combo Power supply problems?

Title
    Thanks
    It does't freeze while watching FTA channels just the encrypted channels but whats the point of having a sat set which will only work on FTA channels
    Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR and Technomate 6900HD super combo receiver, 1.2m Channel Master, Jeager SMR1224 scanning from 53E To 45W

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zudrick View Post
    It does't freeze while watching FTA channels just the encrypted channels but whats the point of having a sat set which will only work on FTA channels
    Whilst watching an FTA channel try accessing a newtwork service, pretty sure the 6900 has youtube. If youtube works its an issue with what ever you are connecting to and we wont discuss that here
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    It has network but how do i access youtube
    Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR and Technomate 6900HD super combo receiver, 1.2m Channel Master, Jeager SMR1224 scanning from 53E To 45W

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zudrick View Post
    It has network but how do i access youtube
    Cant fully remember right now, its in one of the menus.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Well will have to try it another time gotta get some sleep ( this hot weather is not good for me ) i am nights tonight will look through menus when i can or if someone can shed some light on how to access it on here?

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    No YouTube on 6900

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (25-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    hello there please help as my TM 6902 HD freeze on 0ne channel and stuck i can't reset by switch on /off from back main switch, its completely dead, i can't do anything, can someone help?thank you

Title
    Thanks
    You need to download this file http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5450&d=1294907480
    which is a zip file, unzip it to your desktop then run it, you will also need a copy of the firmware for your particular sat box you want to flash and a serial/null modem cable. Easy when you know how.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank You Zudrick.

Title
    Thanks
    you don't need to do that at all all you have to do is switch off at the back of reciever and then press menu button and hold at the front of the box and switch back on this will bring you into the tm's loader menu from here you can do a complete factory reset this will clear out your flash completely so if you are using a server make sure you have the details after this you can load a patch again patch 119 is working fine for me
    when you patch your tm always make sure you do a factory reset after it and back up your channel list first and after factory reset put back channellist and rescan all sats in use

laupd
    I know my sat system is old and non Linux and and and, but it owes me nothing and frankly it has been working a treat for the past 8 or so years !

Reason for posting is to let everyone know ifnabfix that may be useful.

I found over Christmas that the USB ports had all stopped working. No other issues, just the USBs.

I was considering a unit swap out, but a bit of searching I found that the power supply capacitors are likely to be the cause of the problem.

£4.50 later and 10 mins of soldering and its back working !

If your USBs stop working, my advice is simple :

1) Remove the cover after making safe
    2) Look for capacitors with a bulging top likely to be 2 or 3 toward the fron of the PSU.
    3) Order new ones for all affected. Try and get 105 deg if possible.
    4) Replace, test and (hopefully!) enjoy as I did.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12