Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: took the plung and ordered a ultimo

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitball View Post
    Hi there.

Thanks for the reply, got cccam sorted but am having difficulty locating a motorised channel pack. I managed to install rats beuteq but obviously only astra 28.2 is on there, I also followed your guide on how to use dme and then do the channel list manually but for some reason it wont load properly.

I tried accessing the web interface like i have with any other receiver i own but when i type the ip address in it comes up with an error saying the server is busy so i cannot understand what is going on
    menu> plugins> OpenWebif> http port 00080.> green button to save.

now re-load the bouquets with DBE
    that should sort both problems.

LOL i see you already sorted it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    menu> plugins> OpenWebif> http port 00080.> green button to save.

now re-load the bouquets with DBE
    that should sort both problems.

LOL i see you already sorted it.
    Yes got it sorted but thanks anyway pheonix, Been a while since i have really got down and dirty with a linux box so to speak lol. I used to be a dab hand 5 years ago but life changes meant i could not watch satellite or have time to play with it ect so i am really rusty, but slowly getting in to the swing of things again. Really pleased i bought the ultimo and nice price i got it for to, picture quality excellent and just pleased all round.

Im off to play with blindscan to see what it can pick up if anything atall. It crashed a few times doing blindscan but sorted it by a reset.

Many Thanks

Fruitball

Title
    Thanks
    hiya, i have also just bought a ultimo after toying with the idea for some time now, was talking to fruitball threw pms on another forum that got me thinking about it again and decided to do it, it arrived today, havemt had as much time as i would of liked to have a play about with it but so far im really impressed, only downfall is the remote, but i had read about people not been over happy with it so wasnt a shock really, main thing with remote is you really have to point it in line with the ultimo or it doesnt pick it up, i have a harmony 700 remote which i prefer anyway and you can point that at the floor and the ultimo will pick it up, brialliant remotes them worth every penny, but apart from the remote im really liking it, im ordering the extra tuner next week for it when ive got some more money which is one of the main reasons for buying the ultimo, got so many auto timers going on im getting a message saying conflicting recordings all the time, a quick question ive been trying to get picons on the display but cant seem to figure it out, i know it will be something really simply that im overlooking as getting tired but would like to get them on before going to bed, ive downloaded sandmans vfd ultimo picons and placed them on my usb pen, left them in the folder it extracted to which was piconlcd , so im wondering if the name is needs changing to something else, anybody any ideas ? thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    I don't have an Ultimo :-(, but I do know different images use different folder names for lcd picons, what Image are you using?
    Once we know that, I'm sure someone will jump in with what that folder should be named.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    I don't have an Ultimo :-(, but I do know different images use different folder names for lcd picons, what Image are you using?
    Once we know that, I'm sure someone will jump in with what that folder should be named.

hiya, yes sorry i should of said image i was using, im using vix image 2.3.153, only one ive tried so far as really not had much time to play with it yet, also usiing sandman picons as they seemed to be the latest ones, thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Did you install skin_display_picon.xml in the enigma2 folder m8 ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hiya, no i dint mate, is that the problem, i did download another set of picons for ultimo display and that had 2 more files with it, one for blackhole users and another for vti users, think they wre the files you just said, but i dint see anything for vix, then i went to bed as was getting late, thanks

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitball View Post
    Yes got it
    Im off to play with blindscan to see what it can pick up if anything atall. It crashed a few times doing blindscan but sorted it by a reset.

Many Thanks

Fruitball
    the. old blind scan is not user friendly. When the new image comes out it is a complete transformation.

I

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (05-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    the. old blind scan is not user friendly. When the new image comes out it is a complete transformation.

I
    Hi there mate, yes i found the blindscan did not pick up anything but i was sort off expecting that. Are you saying there will be a new image which should sort that for the ultimo?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    the new soon to be released ViX image has a vastly improved blindscan thanks to the very hard work Huevos has put into it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    the new soon to be released ViX image has a vastly improved blindscan thanks to the very hard work Huevos has put into it.
    sounds good, must forward thanks to huevos!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12