Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: NDS Launches VideoGuard Pre-Paid Solution for Pay-TV Operators

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

NDS Launches VideoGuard Pre-Paid Solution for Pay-TV Operators

NDS, the leading provider of technology solutions for digital pay-TV, today
    announced the availability of its conditional access (CA) add-on module, NDS
    VideoGuard Pre-Paid. This offering will enable operators in both emerging and
    mature markets to provide customers with more payment options at minimal cost.
    Brand-ID Europe, a leading provider of pre-paid payment services, supplies the
    back-office payment component with its CHKVIEW solution together with a full
    range of scratch card and e-voucher options.

Based on market-leading VideoGuard® CA, NDS VideoGuard Pre-Paid allows pay-TV
    operators to reach new market segments with pay-as-you-go TV services. With this
    offering, subscribers can purchase and store credit for future viewing options
    or for immediate activation. Once they decide to purchase content, the set
    amount will be debited from their stored credit. VideoGuard Pre-Paid then sends
    the entitlement rights from the operator`s head-end directly to the individual`s
    smart card inside their set-top box (STB) and allows the viewer access to the
    chosen content.

"As consumers continue to enjoy the benefits of pre-paid options in the mobile
    market, pay-TV operators are seeing additional opportunities for such offerings
    in their space. By offering customers more payment option flexibility, operators
    can quickly reach a new type of customer and begin to immediately see an
    increase in revenue," said Nigel Smith, Chief Marketing Officer of NDS. "With
    VideoGuard Pre-Paid, our customers can deliver more customised packages to a
    broader target audience while still taking advantage of VideoGuard`s market
    leading business and security features."

By deploying this particular add-on module with the VideoGuard system, operators
    can offer flexible pre-paid options such as pay-per-view, pay-per-time,
    pay-per-channel, pay-per-bouquet or pay-per-subscription, depending on their
    package preference. The VideoGuard Pre-Paid solution requires minimal changes to
    the operator head-end infrastructure and is fully compatible with existing NDS
    products. Operators can also choose from a wide variety of payment options for
    their customers, including pre-entitled scratch cards and smart cards,
    e-vouchers activated via mobile text messaging, web portals, instant messaging
    or IVR lines.

"By implementing Brand-ID`s CHKVIEW together with VideoGuard Pre-Paid, operators
    can not only provide extra options to existing customers, but also reach
    potential new ones that are attracted to the pay-as-you-go model," said Martin
    Horn, VP Sales and Marketing for Brand-ID Europe. "Together we will provide
    operators with a fast and easy-to-deploy offering that will address new market
    segments and expand on existing ones with the convenience of flexible pre-paid
    packages."

For more information about VideoGuard Pre-Paid, please visit:
    Code:
    http://www.nds.com/solutions/videoguard_prepaid.php
    Code:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/09/idUS77023+09-Sep-2009+BW20090909
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Donnie (16-04-12),Ev0 (16-04-12),glowworm5 (17-04-12),OldSkulRide (16-04-12),Sicilian (16-04-12)

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Isnt this old news, 2009?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Well spotted there Oldskul

Looks like this module will never be released then
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    something i grabbed from another site, although there are several NDS cams available for the Chinese markets.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.