Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CrossEPG no longer updating all channels

Title
    Thanks
    ok I have ticked

XMLTV providers - Rytek uk xmltv
    Open TV - Sky UK open astra 28.2
    XEPGB Providers - Rytek UK XMLTV

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had the simular problem with my latest stable VIX VU+ Ultimo image. I played some time to get it to work. I had to ftp the usr/crossepg files from the previous 155 image and replace the newer files with them. All working fine now.

Crossepg must have been updated in the newer firmware but there does seem a problem with it.

It would parse the first 28.2E file, but froze before working on the second. With the older files, it works fine.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have also discovered issues with CrossEPG in the latest two versions. Now on 185 and as soon as you start downloading it just says --> saving data --> loading data within some seconds. Downloading and parsing the (which takes approx. 30s for me normally) just doesn't happen.
    Always remember:

It's not my fault and it could be worse...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by belierzz View Post
    I have also discovered issues with CrossEPG in the latest two versions. Now on 185 and as soon as you start downloading it just says --> saving data --> loading data within some seconds. Downloading and parsing the (which takes approx. 30s for me normally) just doesn't happen.
    Yip i have exact same fault belierzz, glad not just me, looks like its gubbed.

Title
    Thanks
    Mine downloads no problem,the only issue I have now is that it doesn't update everyday as I have it set to.
    Not sure when it started to do this,maybe a few weeks ago.other from that problem it's perfect
    vu+duo running vix image with 600gig samsung hdd

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Strange but true: for me it was HW related. Changed my USB stick (as storage for CrossEPG) some days ago. The new stick was mounted correctly as /media/usb, but was somehow not recognized and selectable in CrossEPG. Changed the stick, everything is fine again. Therefore solved for me.
    Always remember:

It's not my fault and it could be worse...

Title
    Thanks
    CrossEPG doesn't work on media/usb, but works with media/hdd...so I have to mount my usb-stick to media/hdd. I'm saying this after trying with clean installation more than 2 or 3 times. (It says could not open database...something like that).

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windozer View Post
    CrossEPG doesn't work on media/usb
    It does on all my receivers uno / duo / ultimo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12