Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 'KillShot' camera aims to take harm out of hunting

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

'KillShot' camera aims to take harm out of hunting

Three brothers are seeking funding for their prototype 'KillShot' product, a new camera disguised as a rifle that enables hunters to collect "digital photo trophies" rather than actual kills.

The KillShot is intended to appeal to people who enjoy the thrill of the hunt, including stalking and outfoxing their prey, but don't actually want to kill an animal.

Brothers Randall, Daniel and Michael Gregg have produced a prototype of the camera that looks exactly like a hunting rifle, although the crosshairs serve as the camera lens for taking photos rather than shots.

All 'KillShots' taken have the crosshairs printed on the image, showing where the shot would have been. The rifle features an SD card for storing images, along with a USB port.

Any photos taken on the rifle can be posted on a dedicated website, according to the brothers, and shared with other hunting enthusiasts.

The project has posted on the Kickstarter website with the aim of attracting $15,000 (£9,500) of funding. It currently has 28 backers pledging $2,291, but must make up the remainder by April 1 to secure funding to go ahead.

The brothers said that the product could serve as a hunting safety aid, but added that it will also "give the experience of hunting without harming wildlife".

They said: "The KillShot becomes a digital photo trophy instead of the body part of an animal being kept as a trophy.

"The crosshairs will show on the photo where the shot would have been, the background will show if the shot was safe or unsafe by allowing you to see what was beyond the target. It will teach gun safety, ethical shot placement and the sport of hunting all in one!

"You will be able to post KillShots on a website that will come with the Rifle. Share photos, talk about hunts, and tell the story of how you managed to capture your photo."
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (14-03-12),Sicilian (14-03-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    wonder if pheonix would get one of these or if he still prefers the kill

hehe
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i can see why this would become a very popular product and have many many times just sat watching my prey rather than pulling the trigger, that said however this is aimed at those who hunt for sport and not those like my self who hunt for food or to control population numbers of certain species.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    i can see why this would become a very popular product and have many many times just sat watching my prey rather than pulling the trigger, that said however this is aimed at those who hunt for sport and not those like my self who hunt for food or to control population numbers of certain species.
    i agree with what you say above but also would say for a avid hunter like you

its still a cracking piece of kit to have in yr hunting gear
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I agree and i have on many occasions taken a very expensive SLR camera with me while out in the hill rather than a rifle.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.