Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Utimo Newbie looking for advice

Title
    Thanks

Vu+ Utimo Newbie looking for advice

Having read this thread over the years, I have decided to take the plunge and purchase the new Vu+ Ultimo after the positive reviews. I am a newbie to the world of linux base satellite box, but I am looking forward to getting it set up, as I have a gadget head on me.

I have purchased the Ultimo with the two sat and one terrestrial tuner with a 2TB hardware built in. I would appreciate some advice on the best image, plug-in etc. My set up will be as follows:

Tuner 1 - Motor Dish
    Tuner 2 - FTA channels at 28.2 East
    Tuner 3 - Soarview

I would like to have a good reliable image/plugin EPG listings for both FTA, Motor (13 East for Canal+) and Soarview.

In addition, a plug-in if available for serial link recording would be a bonus for the hard drive recording ease of use.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Well this is a Vix Forum m8, so Vix image I would say, only every installed Vix on my Duo and Ultimo, has everything I need, the wife can work it, but it's up to you what you put on it at the end of the day, install a few images, see what you think of each one, personally I only ever install Vix on mine and anybody elses I've done.
    HTH

Title
    Thanks
    The Vix image the way to go.. Is there any nice plugin or will Vix cover it for my requirements as previously mention

Title
    Thanks
    All in the Vix image, and epg is there in plugins from setup.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    There are a number of really decent bouquet packs / channel lists you can use, or modify to your needs depending on the satellites you wish to receive. as for the EPG you have 2 main options CrossEPG and Rytek. personally i would recommend CrossEPG with OpenTV setup for the sky uk channels as it download directly from the same source as sky them selves use ( a radio channel previously known as the hip hop channel ) and rytek for the others, however you must have a active internet connection to the receiver to download the rytek EPG sources.

If you can provide us with a little more information about your current setup and what you aim to achieve with it, we can tailor the advice we offer to suit your needs.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    To give you some more details to assist you on my set up requirements. I am looking at the FTA channels at 28E with a good Epg listing for easy recording. I will be using USAL for driving a motor, but mostly use 13E for the sports and movie channels. The Terrestrial will be used for Soarview here in Ireland similar to the UK Freeview. I don't have a Sky Sub and not planning too. User friendly that the wife can use too for recording. Her very own Sky+ that her friends keep telling her about!

Title
    Thanks
    Are there vary many FTA sport and movie channels on 13E?

Title
    Thanks
    Canal+ HD Sub on 13E

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropheus View Post
    Are there vary many FTA sport and movie channels on 13E?
    have a look at:
    Code:
    http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=13E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear
    Scroll down the page for ch listings.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Tropheus (10-03-12)

Title
    Thanks
    WOW thats a lot of channels......

What satellite has the most FTA movie channels is it 7E

Title
    Thanks
    Where can I download the latest Vix image from the Vu+ forum for the Ultimo? If someone can give me the link.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Do I download and flash the latest Vix released of VIX 2.3.204 only or do I need to load VIX 2.3.153 first. Just set up the Vu+ Ultimo today and just learning.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    just use the latest version available.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Pheonix

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast