Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Makefile 5.0 image build hanging/failing, any dev's out there got any idea on this?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I've run this makefile numerous times in a VM machine, just kept hanging. So Last night I setup Dual boot ubuntu 10.

Build has hung again.

Here's what's in the terminal window: -

Code:
    /home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/staging-pkg/deploy/ipk/mipsel/
    /home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/staging-pkg/deploy/ipk/mipsel/
    NOTE: Running task 2081 of 2145 (ID: 120, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/coreutils/coreutils-native_7.2.bb, do_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2082 of 2145 (ID: 122, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/coreutils/coreutils-native_7.2.bb, do_package_stage)
    NOTE: Running task 2083 of 2145 (ID: 108, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/vuplus/vuplus-makenfi-native.bb, do_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2084 of 2145 (ID: 110, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/vuplus/vuplus-makenfi-native.bb, do_package_stage)
    NOTE: Running task 2085 of 2145 (ID: 96, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/mtd/mtd-utils-native_1.0.0+git.bb, do_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2086 of 2145 (ID: 98, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/mtd/mtd-utils-native_1.0.0+git.bb, do_package_stage)
    NOTE: Running task 2087 of 2145 (ID: 84, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/fakeroot/fakeroot-native_1.12.4.bb, do_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2088 of 2145 (ID: 86, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/fakeroot/fakeroot-native_1.12.4.bb, do_package_stage)
    NOTE: Running task 2089 of 2145 (ID: 72, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/makedevs/makedevs-native_1.0.0.bb, do_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2090 of 2145 (ID: 74, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/makedevs/makedevs-native_1.0.0.bb, do_package_stage)
    NOTE: Running task 2091 of 2145 (ID: 60, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/opkg/opkg-native_svn.bb, do_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2092 of 2145 (ID: 62, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/opkg/opkg-native_svn.bb, do_package_stage)
    NOTE: Running task 2093 of 2145 (ID: 48, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/ipkg-utils/ipkg-utils-native_1.6+cvs20050404.bb, do_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2094 of 2145 (ID: 50, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/ipkg-utils/ipkg-utils-native_1.6+cvs20050404.bb, do_package_stage)
    NOTE: Running task 2095 of 2145 (ID: 36, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/quilt/quilt-native_0.48.bb, do_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2096 of 2145 (ID: 38, /home/user/projects/bm750/openembedded/recipes/quilt/quilt-native_0.48.bb, do_package_stage)
    I've attached a log from /bm750/build/tmp/work/mispel-oe-linux/gcc-cross.4.1.1-r1.1/temp

The end of the log shows this: -

Code:
    make[3]: Entering directory `/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/gcc-4.1.1/build.i686-linux.mipsel-oe-linux/mipsel-oe-linux/libiberty/testsuite'
    make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/gcc-4.1.1/build.i686-linux.mipsel-oe-linux/mipsel-oe-linux/libiberty/testsuite'
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/gcc-4.1.1/build.i686-linux.mipsel-oe-linux/mipsel-oe-linux/libiberty'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/gcc-4.1.1/build.i686-linux.mipsel-oe-linux'
    mv: cannot stat `/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/image/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/cross/mipsel/*//lib/libg2c.so*': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/image/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/cross/mipsel/*//lib/libgfortran*.so*': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/image/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/cross/mipsel/*//lib/libssp*.so*': No such file or directory
    mipsel-oe-linux-strip: '/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/image/usr/lib/libg2c.so.*': No such file
    mipsel-oe-linux-strip: '/home/user/projects/bm750/build/tmp/work/mipsel-oe-linux/gcc-cross-4.1.1-r1.1/image/usr/lib/libgfortran*.so*': No such file
    Also attached the makefile that i'm using.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i ain't a dev sic but the last 5 lines in the end of log is saying that there are missing files or wrong path
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    o_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2082 of 2145 (ID: 38, /home/dbox/tuxbox/vu/bm750/openembedded/recipes/quilt/quilt-native_0.48.bb, do_package_stage)
    NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2084 tasks of which 1677 didn't need to be rerun and 3 failed.
    ERROR: '/home/dbox/tuxbox/vu/bm750/openembedded/recipes/linux/linux-bm750.bb' failed
    ERROR: '/home/dbox/tuxbox/vu/bm750/openembedded/recipes/vuplus/vuplus-dvb-modules.bb' failed
    ERROR: '/home/dbox/tuxbox/vu/bm750/openembedded/recipes/enigma2/enigma2.bb' failed
    make: *** [image] Error 1

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I run Makefile 5.0 again last night, just hung again.

This is how the build was setup, could I be missing something?: -

Code:
    sudo apt-get install monotone zlib1g-dev libc6-dev gcc g++ make cvs subversion perl python-psyco
    Code:
     sudo adpt-get install help2man
    next, sudo gedit and edit
    Code:
    /etc/apt/sources.list
    add this line to the end of the file
    Code:
    deb http://www.openembedded.org/dl/ packages/
    next,
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install openembedded-essential
    say 'y', when ask about security.

next, open a terminal session in your vm as a standard user NOT ROOT,

Code:
    cd ~
    mkdir projects
    cd projects
    make -f Makefile-vuplus-5.0 image
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

terrorman (23-08-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I've just started running the Openpli Makefile from here: -

Code:
    http://openpli.pli-images.org/wiki/OpenembeddedBuild
    See if that finishes.

Determined to find out what's making this hang.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by renwich View Post
    o_package_write)
    NOTE: Running task 2082 of 2145 (ID: 38, /home/dbox/tuxbox/vu/bm750/openembedded/recipes/quilt/quilt-native_0.48.bb, do_package_stage)
    NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2084 tasks of which 1677 didn't need to be rerun and 3 failed.
    ERROR: '/home/dbox/tuxbox/vu/bm750/openembedded/recipes/linux/linux-bm750.bb' failed
    ERROR: '/home/dbox/tuxbox/vu/bm750/openembedded/recipes/vuplus/vuplus-dvb-modules.bb' failed
    ERROR: '/home/dbox/tuxbox/vu/bm750/openembedded/recipes/enigma2/enigma2.bb' failed
    make: *** [image] Error 1

check your bitbake version prob need updating

cheers
    osborne82

Title
    Thanks
    seems like something missing from your set up, have u successfully built before on this machine ? what version is your python ?

cheers
    osborne82

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by osborne82 View Post
    seems like something missing from your set up, have u successfully built before on this machine ? what version is your python ?

cheers
    osborne82
    No m8 never built anything on this machine before. For the build last night I installed Ubuntu 9.10. Python version installed is 2.6.4 (r264:75706, Dec 7 2009, 18:45:15) [GCC 4.4.1] on Linux2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well I got an nfi image

vuplus-image-bm750-20100814070252.nfi

Like Siccie was some packages not downloading fully that was causing the errors

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Well I got an nfi image

vuplus-image-bm750-20100814070252.nfi

Like Siccie was some packages not downloading fully that was causing the errors
    You've got a lot further than me m8.

What packages did you have issues with?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    mbox-dvb-modules-bm750-2.6.18-7.3-20100719.tar.gz
    stblinux-2.6.18-7.3.tar.bz2

also curl, gawk, zip needed to be installed

13. The Following User Says Thank You to renwich For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (14-08-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    mbox-dvb-modules-bm750-2.6.18-7.3-20100719.tar.gz
    stblinux-2.6.18-7.3.tar.bz2

also curl, gawk, zip needed to be installed
    Have you got the curl, gawk and zip please m8. Could you post them here please.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    sudo apt-get install curl gawk zip

16. The Following User Says Thank You to renwich For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (14-08-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Success at last!

finally managed to compile official image

This installed the missiing pieces

Code:
    sudo apt-get install curl gawk zip
    Thanks for that Renwich my friend

Now to add some stuff to the image
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    congratulatinos sic

waiting to test
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast