Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Using CrossEPG

Title
    Thanks

Question Using CrossEPG

I have just set up CrossEPG on my new VU+ Duo running Vix.

Now what I need to do is get some organisation into the lists. Setting up those I use mostly into favorites might be a way, or is there some other approach?
    How do I populate the favorites?

I also need to know how to get the info on the program when looking at the epg grid. Can't see an "i" button on the remote.

Hopefully there are simple answers to my simple questions.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Channel listing depends on your sats, if only 28.2 try silverfoxes - in my signature along with tutorial.

there is no I button but description should be at the top.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    as Stanman says, Silverfox makes a great set for 28.2.
    Download DreamBoxEdit for editing your list & uploading to the box.
    I usually use Silverfoxes set but using DreamBoxEdit add an extra bouquet at the top & copy my favourites there.
    This way I can use 1 on the remote for RTE1, 2 for RTE2 and so on but if you are happy with the SLY way of numbering, Silver does them perfectly...

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you both for advice. I have done this, and even worked out how to replace the BBC1 London with my local BBC1. It looks and feels much better.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi
    Just a tip, but i've found that the left arrow button brings up a dialogue box which displays the current channels and info on whats on. Using the arrows you can then scroll forward or see whats showing on other channels. What I really like is that the channel info stays on the screen until you exit.
    Hope this helps.
    Tom

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

After settling in for a while, most of the CrossEPG is now working as desired. However, there are a couple of minor problems i can't see how to fix.

1. There is no programme information for channel 5 on the freesat or entertainment bouquets. We normally use the freesat or the HD set to select channels and find out programme info. It is there on the HD list.

2. The text size is a bit small, (we are getting older and eyesight not what it used to be) don't mind loosing a few rows but can't see where the settings are to change this.

CrossEPG set up as per the instructions in this forum with the Silverfox bouquets, and picons. Got info panel on top left, picture panel on top right and 11 rows of channels per screen.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psitech View Post
    Hi,

After settling in for a while, most of the CrossEPG is now working as desired. However, there are a couple of minor problems i can't see how to fix.

1. There is no programme information for channel 5 on the freesat or entertainment bouquets. We normally use the freesat or the HD set to select channels and find out programme info. It is there on the HD list.

2. The text size is a bit small, (we are getting older and eyesight not what it used to be) don't mind loosing a few rows but can't see where the settings are to change this.

CrossEPG set up as per the instructions in this forum with the Silverfox bouquets, and picons. Got info panel on top left, picture panel on top right and 11 rows of channels per screen.

Any ideas gratefully received.
    1. No idea why that is, have a look in the all list and see if one of the other variants as the info and just swap it over

2. This will be an option in the next release

Thats not crossepg mate sounds like vixEPG. What is it you want to do, if its picons to show press menu when in it and change items per page to 5

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?