Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: SPIDERBOX 9000HD NO SIGNAL then there was now there isnt!!!!

Title
    Thanks

SPIDERBOX 9000HD NO SIGNAL then there was now there isnt!!!!

HI, Help needed by newbie please. I have a new dish and motor. New spiderbox hd 9000. (With gift) Professionally installed. Worked great for a week. Stopped - no signals to be found on any channel, satellite, etc. Everything looked good - the motor was responding, etc. I called the guy back (aaaagh - he said Oh I hate Spiderboxes - it's nothing to do with me ...maybe he's right I do not know)
    Anyway he tinkered - attached his box of tricks - fiddles and said the System location is now (showing) it's set to 19degrees East??? ANd everything works relevant to that - couldn't understand why. He tinkered about some more and then everything went back to normal.
    Thats was a week ago. The system was working fine. Now today it's back to doing the same thing in that it's cannot find and signals anywhere!!!!
    I am loathe to tweak but I set my location to 19degrees east and it is still the same though I managed to get a few channels to tune in on Hispanic.

Has anybody got any ideas what the problem might be. I know I have probably explained it bad and simplistically.

ANy help welcomed.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I would suggest you find out where you are in regards to longitude and latitude i`ve no idea where you are sorry,if your in the UK i would align your dish to due south that is 0.8w by adjusting the direction of the dish manually ie with the spiderbox remote if you can .I would recommend that you then set the correct longitude and latitude on the spiderbox i`am guessing your diseq 1.2,use below for long and lat information by inputting you address and postcode also check your actually getting a signal from the lnb connection into the back of the spiderbox

Code:
    http://www.dishpointer.com/
    Last edited by jcm193; 29-02-12 at 19:31.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    could also be the dish that isnt fasten tight enough. as it seems to change reference sat all the time...was it very windy the night before it happend where you live??
    i use my spider with usals as jcm 193 suggested and never had any trouble.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chris-k For This Useful Post:

davexb (03-03-12)