Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Satellite Connector/Plug

Title
    Thanks

Satellite Connector/Plug

Hi,
    Have searched around for info on this, but no luck, so apologies if it's already been covered elsewhere.
    Just hooking up my new VU+ Ultimo, using my existing satellite connectors, and the plugs don't seem to want to go all the way into the receiver sockets.
    On each of the two feeds, the centre core/wire protrudes about 5 millimeters past the end of the plug. They plug into my Sky+ box no problem, but when I try them on the Ultimo the centre wire goes in about 2 millimeters and doesn't seem to want to go any further, and therefore the outer body does not get close enough to mate up to allow me to screw it in place. I could try more force but I'm reluctatnt incase I break something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mike

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastRabban View Post
    Hi,
    Have searched around for info on this, but no luck, so apologies if it's already been covered elsewhere.
    Just hooking up my new VU+ Ultimo, using my existing satellite connectors, and the plugs don't seem to want to go all the way into the receiver sockets.
    On each of the two feeds, the centre core/wire protrudes about 5 millimeters past the end of the plug. They plug into my Sky+ box no problem, but when I try them on the Ultimo the centre wire goes in about 2 millimeters and doesn't seem to want to go any further, and therefore the outer body does not get close enough to mate up to allow me to screw it in place. I could try more force but I'm reluctatnt incase I break something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I just forced it a bit more and it went in fine! They're either very stiff or you're pushing through a plastic guard or similar

Just be careful you don't bend and push the coax centre to the side so it doesn't go in at all...I did that by mistake with one of mine!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I used a very fine needle to loosen the centre hole
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks a mill guys - one done, one to go. They are stiff, and you do need a little faith that they will go in, so your words of advice have been most helpful

Mike