Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hidey Hidey Hidey Hi

Title
    Thanks

Wink Hidey Hidey Hidey Hi

Hello all,

I own a Twin Tuner DM 7025+ and have both tuner cards installed simultaneously. I was referred to this site by 'Sicilian'.

About 2-3 years ago Sicilian was the brains behind introducing me to the LT guys who do images for the DM70205. Ever since then I've been thankful to Sicilian and been taking his advice to heart whenever I came across it.

So often in my searches I come across support on forums where it's saturated with DM500 advice. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but for a non-DM500 owner it becomes frustrating scanning through 150+ pages of threads looking for things more related to my product.

I've been on this site for about only 1hr and already im relived to see that thought has been put into the organisation of this site's information/data.

Currently my main gripe with my DM7025 is getting it back up and running. Either, how to get my satalite tuner working alongside my cable tuner, or just independently of each other (whilst both cards are physically installed).

I missed up on watching HD action of the recent World Cup on account of not being able to figure this out once and for all.

I ended up watching more than a few matches over TVCatchup.com
    Better than nothing, I guess. But when I've got a perfectly good DM7025+ and a 26" flatscreen at my disposal, it makes me sad I'm not making use of it other than the odd console use

New premiership season is starting soon and I don't want to be in the same boat again.

Anyway, that's me and my intro done. Hope you all can lend a hand and say 'hi' every now and then.

Cheers.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yo.....welcome dude....
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    on board Mumra
    nice to have you among us
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Hello Mumra to the forums

You'll have to bear with me on the 7025 now, as I sold mine end of last year. Got the VU+ Duo now
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Welcome to the site.

Good intro there, and gives us plenty of background to where you're from etc

As for helping out on the dm7025, sorry to say I can't help... Never used one. Since it's similar to a dm8000 though (in terms of now being enigma2 and pnp tuners), then hopefully someone there will be able to help out?! Plus, a lot of those owners are likely to be old dm7025 users
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I tell you a funny thing too, I bought the DM7025 2years ago only because I was fed up of waiting for the DM8000 to be released.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumra View Post
    Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I tell you a funny thing too, I bought the DM7025 2years ago only because I was fed up of waiting for the DM8000 to be released.
    Sell the 7025 while u can still get decent money for it and get yaself a Duo
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Sell the 7025 while u can still get decent money for it and get yaself a Duo
    oh man

really???

where/how is the best place to go about that. And also, could you provide me with a link to this 'Duo' device please?

I trust your advice Sicilian.

I've got a DM7025 with both tuners installed and the official Dreambox extra (i think its 250gb) hard disk installed, I bought it as the additional extra from the official UK Dreambox vendor online.

How much would I even expect to get for this? I'm very concerned when it comes to selling on the internet. I've not done it before and Im afraid of getting ripped off. ie. "i didnt receive item, give me money back" or worse, "item was dead on arrival so give me money back"
    Last edited by Mumra; 09-08-10 at 23:07. Reason: futher info required

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumra View Post

where/how is the best place to go about that. And also, could you provide me with a link to this 'Duo' device please?

I trust your advice Sicilian.
    May be you can try to sell it in here in the http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/foru...ade-and-Wanted

and the best place to buy is from our sponsor, sure you'll get the best deal from there

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver

they offer free HDMI lead and EURO 2-PIN TO 3-PIN ADAPTER PLUG FOR ALL UK CUSTOMERS
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grtmoby For This Useful Post:

Mumra (10-08-10),Sicilian (10-08-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    First to consider Mumra is that the Duo does not have a cable tuner, just dual satellite, but remember its a newer HD recevier and the cable hack is more or less dead now.

Now don't worry about selling on the web, just make sure you dispatch using a service that's signed. Once you've sold it you could consider these couriers
    Code:
    http://www.parcel2go.com/?keyword=parcel2go&gclid=CMeiqaykrqMCFSU_lAodQ34B5w
    Their dhl next day service is a good rate.

I'd expect to get in excess of £200, take a look on fleabay to see what they're going for.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Mumra (10-08-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum mate
    Enjoy .... another Ex 7025+ owner here .... Vu+ Duo ... is just like a High Def version of the 7025+ but without changeable tuners ...is a top bit of Kit .
    Sloth

Sold my 7025+ on another forum ... for £175 cost me £25 over 2 yrs LOL bargain

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    lol, good going that sloth.

Sold my dm800 for £300, so cost me about £55 for 2 years worth of viewing. Pretty sure that the amount of electricity used would be about the same if not more hehe
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Firstly, let me start off by stating how in awe I am of you guys on this forum. You respond quick. You advise well, and I actually feel you guys are genuinely wanting to help. Thanks for your continued support!
    I've been hopping around Sat/Cable forums leaving messages for 'help' over the years and none have come close to being as efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    First to consider Mumra is that the Duo does not have a cable tuner, just dual satellite, but remember its a newer HD recevier and the cable hack is more or less dead now.

Now don't worry about selling on the web, just make sure you dispatch using a service that's signed. Once you've sold it you could consider these couriers
    Code:
    http://www.parcel2go.com/?keyword=parcel2go&gclid=CMeiqaykrqMCFSU_lAodQ34B5w
    Their dhl next day service is a good rate.

I'd expect to get in excess of £200, take a look on fleabay to see what they're going for.
    You raise a good point that I need to consider. Even though I have a Satalite feed going into the card, I've not ever witnessed it working. And at this stage I'm assuming that's down to my needing to re-setup my system with a new image etc. ie. DreamElite.
    So I really need to find out if there's a live feed coming through etc.

Quote Originally Posted by grtmoby View Post
    May be you can try to sell it in here in the http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/foru...ade-and-Wanted

and the best place to buy is from our sponsor, sure you'll get the best deal from there

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver

they offer free HDMI lead and EURO 2-PIN TO 3-PIN ADAPTER PLUG FOR ALL UK CUSTOMERS
    You can be sure if I purchase anything I will be more than happy to go through your sponsors and click any affiliated links you may have to support you guys. It's the least I can do in return for all the help I'm receiving.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumra For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (10-08-10)

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Welcome to the forums Mumra, give us a shout if you decide to go for a Duo. If you dont need twin satellite tuners you could consider the VU+ Solo http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver We're currently offering a £10 discout to forum members on the Solo, using voucher code VUSUPPORT

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!