Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: will not read card

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    Yes it is active. I've also restarted it several times.

If I install a completely blank, (absolutely nothing) CCcam.cfg file to /etc, should my card be recognized/read?

Thanks.
    Yes it should, chip should be face down. You will need to reboot the receiver after inserting card and check that softcam is active.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    In softcam manager --> webinfo i get the message "webinfo info not allowed, cannot tell if frozen, please enable webinfo = yes"

I'm assuming this is the CCcam.cfg file. I had a HUGE misunderstanding about the "blank/empty" CCcam cfg file.

I guess I'm on my own, as any discussion about the config file is not allowed on here. I understand the reasons, but it's just difficult to find a step by step guide/tutorial about reading your OWN card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Which version of CCcam are you using?
    As I said: an empty (= nothing in it, just a file with the correct name) file should do (for the purpose of reading the card-entitlements). Works here with no problem (CCcam 2.2.1 & 2.3).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for everybody's help with this, I'm just getting frustrated.

I'm using CCcam 2.2.1 r0. It just seems strange that CCcam seems to be running and active as it should, however no dice.

Maybe I should try another version of CCcam? Is there anything I could check in the CCcam menu, or anywhere else to help troubleshoot?

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions other than re-flash and start from scratch?

I just noticed one other strange thing as well. I can FTP things to the box, no problem, but when I do the network test in VIX, it's displaying a different IP address for the Xtrend than what I am using to FTP. Should I turn DHCP on the Xtrend off?

Thanks for your help and patience.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using CCcam 2.30 now, it's active and multiple restarts. In Softcam manager --> Info: The message "Webinfo info not allowed, cannot check if frozen, please enable 'allow webinfo: yes' " is displayed repeatedly.

CCcam info --> Entitlements: "no or unknown card inserted"

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to revive this thread. I know there are a lot of smart people on here and I'm having problems getting the ET9200 running VIX 2.3to read MY VALID $ly card.

I've tried different versions of CCcam with no luck. The CCcam.cfg file is named correctly, I'm just not sure what to put in it to get this receiver to read MY CARD. I'm NOT, repeat NOT interested in CS, I'm just trying to use this receiver as it's capable of. As Sicilian stated earlier in this thread, I think it's a problem with my config file, as I highly doubt the reader or the box is faulty.

I'm finding it EXTREMELY difficult to find any info on-line about the config required to read MY VALID/PAID for sub card. I'm not interested in how to get $ly for free from Billy Bobs server in BFE, I just want it to read MY CARD.

As stated earlier in previous posts, CCcam is active and is running fine. Does anyone have any ideas other than a re-flash? Has anyone else had this problem? Once again, any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I have a €350 boat anchor in my living room.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    When you browse to your box from lappy/pc, is your card shown on the entitlements page?
    http://IP OF BOX:16001/entitlements

8. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

lost_one (04-03-12)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Also please download notepad+++ and use that to create your cfg file.

Have you created your boxkey? - only need it if you have movies and sport.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies.

I have downloaded and used Notepad to create my config file and my correct Boxkey is in there. What SHOULD be in there is still a mystery to me????

When I browse to my boxIP:16001 I see absolutely nada/nothing(this page failed to load, Firefox can't establish a connection to the server) and I know this is my problem, but how do I fix this?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by lost_one; 04-03-12 at 01:06.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Do your channels clear, such as gold or SKY1?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

lost_one (04-03-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

I have downloaded and used Notepad to create my config file and my correct Boxkey is in there. What SHOULD be in there is still a mystery to me????

When I browse to my boxIP:16001 I see absolutely nada/nothing(this page failed to load, Firefox can't establish a connection to the server) and I know this is my problem, but how do I fix this?

Thanks for your help.
    In that case, i'd guess cccam isn't running unless you changed the port in the cfg file?
    To start with, I'd create a completely blank CCcam.cfg file on your pc.
    FTP it to the box placing in in /etc/
    Just to make sure, use your ftp client & go to /etc/CCcam.cfg & chmod it to 755, should be able to right click on it & change permissions.
    Then use your PC browser to go to http:// IP OF BOX:16001/entitlements

Once we get that bit working to see your card, we can work on clearing subscribed channels.
    Just get the basics working first.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

lost_one (04-03-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies
    Last edited by lost_one; 04-03-12 at 03:00.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies,

As you said in post#26 "In that case, i'd guess cccam isn't running unless you changed the port in the cfg file?" I'm sorry, but I'm a complete noob at this, how would i find out exactly how to configure "the port in the cfg file" that you mentioned.

I can only view FTA channels, I cannot view Gold, Sky 1 or any other of my sub channels.

I FTP'd a blank CCcam.cfg file to /etc on my receiver, changed the file permissions to 755 but I still get the same response from my browser when I type my "boxIPaddress:16001/entitlements"(this page failed to load, Firefox can't establish a connection to the server)

What exactly is a "completely blank CCcam.cfg file" as you mentioned in post#26? Do you have an example/template that you could post or PM me? I think this may be my problem, but I'm having a hell of a time finding one.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by lost_one; 04-03-12 at 03:01.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    What exactly is a "completely blank CCcam.cfg file" as you mentioned in post#26? Do you have an example/template that you could post or PM me? I think this may be my problem, but I'm having a hell of a time finding one.
    Sorry to say so, but this thread is a continuous repeating of all that has been said multiple times.
    OK, last time I repeat this:

For just seeing your cards entitlements:
    1- make sure an empty CCcam.cfg file exits in /etc (what is empt? As the word says: nothing in it!);
    2- make sure CCcam is running (see softcammanager)
    3- make sure your card is inserted.

You can read your cards entitlements in CCcam Info on your box and in your webbrowser on <IP-of-the-box>:16001

PS: An empty config file will not be sufficient to descramble Sly-channels.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Sorry to say so, but this thread is a continuous repeating of all that has been said multiple times.
    OK, last time I repeat this:

For just seeing your cards entitlements:
    1- make sure an empty CCcam.cfg file exits in /etc (what is empt? As the word says: nothing in it!);
    2- make sure CCcam is running (see softcammanager)
    3- make sure your card is inserted.
    Agree with the above, to check press blue CCcam Info > Entitlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    You can read your cards entitlements in CCcam Info on your box and in your webbrowser on <IP-of-the-box>:16001
    Wont work with an empty config, the webif needs to be set.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast