Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VU+ Ultimo receiver freezing/crashing on all HD channels

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Ultimo receiver freezing/crashing on all HD channels

Bought a VU+ Ultimo from the sponsor about two weeks ago and I知 having problems with the receiver freezing/crashing on all HD channels (both free to air and pay channels).
    I知 using the latest VIX image 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) build 204. I have tried quickly using black hole but with the same results.

For example on Astra 28.5 east BBC1 HD signal quality 98% I can switch to this channel and after a few minutes the sound starts to go intermittently and then the picture will freeze and the receiver becomes unresponsive. There is no crash log and the only thing I can do is switch the receiver off at the back and then back on again.
    I also have a problem on SD channels were after a period of time the sound on SD channels goes garbled, but then clears after sometime.
    Problem still there if I turn off Cccam 2.1 and Mgcamd 1.35a for VIX as this is happening on free to air and pay channels.

My set up.
    85 cm motorised dish (USALS North West)
    Inverto Black Ultra 0.2dB Quad Output LNB (bought from Sponsor at same time as Ultimo)
    VU+ Ultimo (3x DVB-S2/S2)
    Running VIX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) build 204
    Cccam 2.1 and Mgcamd 1.35a for VIX (all downloaded from Vix cams).

I currently only have one cable running from a quad LNB to my Ultimo as still in the middle of wiring the rest in and I知 using USALS to move the dish.
    But I have checked the cabling/LNB by switching the cabling/LNB over to my Spiderbox and HD/SD channels are perfect.
    I changed tuner A with tuner C by putting my LNB/Cable to tuner C but still have the same problem as above.

I have tried various combinations of the following settings with in Auto Language Selection thinking this may have been the issue with no luck.

My current settings are
    Prefer AC3 Yes
    Prefer audio stream stored by service No

I have tried reloading the Vix image and building the receiver again with the start with the same issue.

As the box becomes unresponsive there is no crash log.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I think of returning the receiver or do you need any more info from me?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    First start by re-flashing fresh. Don't install any plugins or softcams.

As you only currently have one feed connected to the receiver, tuners B & C must be set to NOT CONFIGURED.

Transfer a set of motorised settings/bouquets from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings Catseyes are good ones to start.
    Guide to upload here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-using-DBEdit

Now test FTA channels like BBC1 HD & ITV HD. Make sure your USALS settings are correct.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

swiper (18-02-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Will re-flash now and report back.
    Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for only just getting back, busy weekend.

I now have VIX image loaded with Catseye E2 Settings file 75 East-58 West, just tuner A configured to USALS (other tuners set to not configured as not wired in yet).
    Nothing else installed.

I am still getting the same problem on free to air HD channels with the sound breaking up, going off and then the box freezing. On SD channels the box does not freeze but the sound still breaks up. For example on 28.2 east ITV HD SNR 99 AGC 79, BBC1 (SD) SNR 79% AGC 79%.

On Astra 19.2 east Free to Air Channel RTL SNR 72 AGC 75 sound breaking up, DAS Erste HD sound breaks up and then receiver freezes

Also tried different connections to TV i.e. HDMI and SCART and still the same problem.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Have you checked your dish for alignment? Check coax and LNB? If I'm honest thats what it sounds like to me. You could try setting Tuner A to not configured then try Tuner B.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Do you have a fixed Sly UK mini dish that you can test with?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I only have motorised dish with quad lnb, three cables going to Ultimo (living room) and one cable going to Spiderbox (bedroom).
    I have already tried switching tuner A and C. I have also swapped the Ultimo with the Spiderbox so the Spiderbox works the motor etc ( in the living room) and HD/SD channels are fine on the Spiderbox, as in my first post.

I’ll try swapping the Spiderbox for the Ultimo (Bedroom) so different cable and report back.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok I’ve swapped my Spiderbox with my Ultimo and the fault still stays with the Ultimo (different cable)
    Spiderbox works perfect on SD & HD channels.

I have tried all three tuners in my Ultimo and still have the same fault.

Looking like this is a hardware issue with the Ultimo.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Are you 100% sure that you have entered you longitude and lattidute settings correctly?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    As a quick and simple test.

Set your dish on astra 28.2e with your spiderbox.

Then disconnect the spiderbox so that it can't move or interfere with the dish in any way.

Connect 1 feed from the lnb to your ultimo (tuner A will do) and set it as simple, 28.2e.

And see if your channels work ok then.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes longitude and latitude ok, as I have swapped the cable that goes to the motor over to my Spiderbox, with same long & latt entered and the Spiderbox is perfect on SD/HD and moving to other sats.

Title
    Thanks
    Tried above as suggested by EvO
    Dish fixed at 28.2 e, Spriderbox switched off and cable to LNB removed.

Just with a cable connected to Ultimo at 28.2 east still issues with sound on SD breaking up and box crashing/becoming unresponsive when switched to a FTA HD channel.

Signal Quaility on ITV is 96% so this looks good.

And thanks for your help guys in trying to get this resolved, much appreciated.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Do you have any wireless devices in same room as the Ultimo (router, dect phone, etc etc etc) ?

Title
    Thanks
    The Ultimo is directly wired to a BT Home Hub (so not using the Vu+ wireless adaptor). Nearest wirless device is the BT Homehub phone in the next room (I do not use VOIP only normal landline).

I have just re-flashed the Ultimo and have it fixed to 28.2 east in simple mode as a fixed dish. Currently doing a manual scan of 28.2 east to see if this makes a difference.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    The manual scan was my next suggestion.

If it is no better the last suggestion from me, will be to disconnect the Ultimo from the home hub (or power down the home hub) for a few mins, reboot the box and see if anything has changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast