Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: HDMI CEC problem BH 1.7.2 and earlier (also VU+ 7.0 original) HDMI port monopolized

Title
    Thanks

Exclamation HDMI CEC problem BH 1.7.2 and earlier (also VU+ 7.0 original) HDMI port monopolized

I have a problem with HDMI-CEC in combination with Philips TV's
    The one I am using mainly is a current model 42PFL7676h

The problem is that the HDMI-CEC plugin monopolizes the HDMI-Port configured.
    What I mean by that is:
    - The TV is switched to the HDMI port as configured permanently as long it is not put in Deep Standby mode or Powered-OFF.
    Putting the VU+ in standby does not help either. Still keeping my TV locked on that port.
    - Using the remote of the TV is is totally impossible to switch to another HDMI resource.
    Any selection to any other HDMI port flips back immediately to the VU+ (must unplug its cable to watch anything else)
    Only selecting Analog ports as the Source still does work on the TV
    - Changing the HDMI port for the TV on the VU+ HDMI-CEC panel moves the behavior to the corresponding port on the TV.
    Happens also with the latest v7.0 code from VU+ itself.

Things get even uglier if one tries any new code with the VU+ connected via HDMI not being port-1:
    - All new codes have HDMI-CEC enabled by default with HDMI Port-1 as the default entry
    - If a Philips TV is actually connected to another HDMI port the following happens:
    = The VU+ will boot normally and via lets say HDMI port-2 the initial screen pop's up
    = The GUI will be started and next the TV is switched automatically to HDMI port-1
    = Obviously the screen on the TV turns black ("No signal is detected" display)
    = The VU+ seems to hang but in fact isn't, provided someone moves it now physically to HDMI Port-1
    This took me busy for at least half a day. Tried analog and everything. Loaded several recent releases etc etc

After finding teh root cause:
    Tried changing all HDMI-CEC options and combinations but none helps here.
    Does not matter what action is selected for VU-On, VU-standby or VU deep sleep etc.
    Only reverting back to a older release with HDMI-CEC disabled got things working again.
    Repeat this also happens with v7.0 original factory images.
    Last edited by Nice Monkey; 17-02-12 at 16:53. Reason: typo's

Title
    Thanks
    Additional information:

Using the Blue "Disconnect" option on the HDMI-CEC panel frees my TV
    With Yellow "Connect" (the TV is then on another port) brings me back.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nice Monkey For This Useful Post: