Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Working for a week now wont start

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Working for a week now wont start

Got an ET6000 from the sponsor and its been working fine for a week then it was unplugged to facilitate the installation of a new TV cabinet. Since then the box will not boot fully. It just blank screens. The TV shows a resolution of 576P but it will go no further than that. Green and red lights are visible in the front, nothing has been ftp'd to the box and it has never had a USB stick connected for picons/epg etc.

I have tried reflashing the bootloader from this site and then the v2.3 images (versions 133, 153 and 204). Version 133 shows two linux penguins in the top left corner for approx 10 seconds, but they vanish and the same blank 576p res screen shows. The 153 and 204 just show the 576p blank screen. The reflashing seems to work properly btw.

Any ideas anyone before I have to send it back?

thanks
    CT
    Last edited by Rimmel; 16-02-12 at 13:47.
    Is definitely the most misspelled word on the internet?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Have tried different USB sticks?

Have you took the cover and interferred with anything inside in anyway? Such as unplug any leads etc..?

Is the blank screen black or dark green?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Its never had the top off it (no need as they haven't got space or functionality for an internal HD). The screen is black.

It came with ViX 2.3 on it. Literally all I did was to search for sat channels and updated the software through the vix control panel... working great for a week. Unplugged and replaced the tv cabinet then plugged it back in and nothing.

thanks for the reply
    CT

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Once it boots up do you get any button responses / menus?

If not I would try reflashing again with a new image and try to download using FF or IE.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No menu's or button presses available. Tried downloading with FF IE8/9 and chrome (133, 153, 204) still the same. Three different types of flash drive.

thanks
    CT

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Double check all leads are in properly and no loose connections.

When you are flashing the new image can you go step by step how you doing everything please.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All cables/leads are secure.

Download images from this site.
    Unzip using winrar.
    Copy the et6x00 folder over the the fat32 formatted stick using teracopy.
    The stick has no other content.
    Place stick in front usb port and turn on box using switch at the back.
    When orange light appears press UP arrow on the front of the box (green light now also appears).

*** Now I wait for the box to reboot or when the box restarts I switch off for one minute and the turn back on. (taking out the flash stick) Tried this both ways for every image (133, 153, 204)

thanks
    CT

Title
    Thanks
    just a quick one mate i have et5000 and it wil only flash when u take the downloaded image out the folder.ie go in the folder and download the folder in there if that makes sense?? also dont wait for orange light mate.when u switch it on from back straight way press upwards and kep it pressed for around 30secs to make sure usb kick in
    Last edited by mikehunt43; 16-02-12 at 20:19.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunt43 View Post
    just a quick one mate i have et5000 and it wil only flash when u take the downloaded image out the folder.ie go in the folder and download the folder in there if that makes sense?? also dont wait for orange light mate.when u switch it on from back straight way press upwards and kep it pressed for around 30secs to make sure usb kick in
    OK tried that and still no go!

thanks
    CT

Title
    Thanks
    I've had exactly the same problem with my ET6000. Plugged it in Christmas morning and scanned for channels and mine too worked great for a week. I remember putting the unit into deep standby and the next time I switched on, nothing, only the red and green LED's lit on the front panel. With advise I tried to update bootloaders and images to no avail. the unit just would not start so eventually sent it back for replacement. I have been using the replacement for a month now with no problems, fingers crossed.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The sponsor was right on this one and has arranged for a replacement with hours of me posting - great support!

thanks
    CT

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Xtrend should work more on the improving build quality on these cheap boxes. Mine ET-5000 was DOA and i had to send it to repairs.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkulRide View Post
    Xtrend should work more on the improving build quality on these cheap boxes. Mine ET-5000 was DOA and i had to send it to repairs.
    Anything DOA should be immediately replaced. Unless it was second hand.